Elliptical Trainer Brands

Old December 1st 03, 05:25 PM
Wayne Conway

Default Elliptical Trainer Brands

Looking at getting an elliptical trainer for those days when I just
can't get outside (ice mainly), or for when my PF is acting up. Have had
bad experiences with sturdy looking equipment (stationary bikes) that
were apparently designed for the occassional "15 minute session" social
exerciser. Need something that will hold up to 1 hour plus sessions that
won't soon deteriorate into a pile of parts or bang like a jackhammer. I
can Google up a pile of brand names, but does anyone have a preference.
Thanks.
--
Random number generation is too vital a task to be left to chance.

Old December 1st 03, 11:59 PM
kiff

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 10:25:16 -0600, Wayne Conway
wrote:

Looking at getting an elliptical trainer for those days when I just
can't get outside (ice mainly), or for when my PF is acting up. Have had
bad experiences with sturdy looking equipment (stationary bikes) that
were apparently designed for the occassional "15 minute session" social
exerciser. Need something that will hold up to 1 hour plus sessions that
won't soon deteriorate into a pile of parts or bang like a jackhammer. I
can Google up a pile of brand names, but does anyone have a preference.
Thanks.

Precor do some nice kit-very sturdy but a bit pricey.

www.precor.com

I have no connection with this company.
Old December 2nd 03, 01:31 AM

wrote:

Looking at getting an elliptical trainer for those days when I just
can't get outside (ice mainly), or for when my PF is acting up. Have had
bad experiences with sturdy looking equipment (stationary bikes) that
were apparently designed for the occassional "15 minute session" social
exerciser. Need something that will hold up to 1 hour plus sessions that
won't soon deteriorate into a pile of parts or bang like a jackhammer. I
can Google up a pile of brand names, but does anyone have a preference.
Thanks.

Dude,
Get a Nordictrack 910 (or a higher number). Great HEAVY DUTY machine.
It's the only that simulates Walking, running, cycling, and two others
I don't recall. Fantastic electronics, the only true "gym quality"
machine I saw. We've had ours almost a year now, and my daughter uses
it an hour a day, and myself 60 to 90 minutes more during winter, so
it gets a real WO, and no problems. Check them out at Sears where you
can get an extended warranty aside from the 1 year in home that comes
with it. $600 to $800. Avoid "proform" machines.
TheBillRodgers

Old December 2nd 03, 01:34 AM

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:59:32 +0000, kiff
wrote:

Precor do some nice kit-very sturdy but a bit pricey.

www.prevor.com

I have no connection with this company.

What a piece of overpriced crap! That's half the machine a NordicTrack
910 is, and it's more than 3x the price!
Old December 2nd 03, 01:37 AM

wrote:

Precor do some nice kit-very sturdy but a bit pricey.

www.precor.com

I have no connection with this company.

Nice job Hugh! That post should boost business nicely.
Where do we send the bribe, er I mean royalty check? I lost your
original addy.
Dave Shewman
VP sales

Old December 2nd 03, 03:11 AM
Wayne Conway

Amen to that. One of the stationaries I referred to is a ProForm.
Remember the pile-o-parts and jackhammer comment?

wrote:
Avoid "proform" machines.
TheBillRodgers

--
The generation of random numbers is too vital a task to be left to chance.

Old December 2nd 03, 03:13 AM
N_A_J

Wayne Conway wrote in message news:[email protected]
Looking at getting an elliptical trainer for those days when I just
can't get outside (ice mainly), or for when my PF is acting up. Have had
bad experiences with sturdy looking equipment (stationary bikes) that
were apparently designed for the occassional "15 minute session" social
exerciser. Need something that will hold up to 1 hour plus sessions that
won't soon deteriorate into a pile of parts or bang like a jackhammer. I
can Google up a pile of brand names, but does anyone have a preference.
Thanks.

Nordic Track 900 series...aside from Miss Anne Thrope, probably the
best bang for your buck.
Old December 2nd 03, 07:18 AM
[email protected]

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 02:11:18 GMT, Wayne Conway
wrote:

Amen to that. One of the stationaries I referred to is a ProForm.
Remember the pile-o-parts and jackhammer comment?

The Sears guy tried selling me one, and when I said they had a bad rep
he said "not that we've ever heard of". They have a 3 month
guarantee, where the Nordictrack has a 1 year.
Go for the nordictrack 910, you won't be sorry.