It's That Time Of Year Again

Old December 13th 07, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon H

Default It's That Time Of Year Again

When nearly every thread is dedicated to poles or head torches or
rucksacks or, or, ...

(Not that I contribute much these days)!
--
Gordon H
(Remove "Invalid" to reply)

Old December 13th 07, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Peter Clinch

Gordon H wrote:
When nearly every thread is dedicated to poles or head torches or
rucksacks or, or, ...

Makes a change from GPS and cameras, doesn't it?
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old December 13th 07, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
AlanF

Peter Clinch wrote:
Gordon H wrote:
When nearly every thread is dedicated to poles or head torches or
rucksacks or, or, ...

Makes a change from GPS and cameras, doesn't it?

You forgot to mention planning of next years holidays (and yes I have
started a thread for that as well!)

Regards

Old December 13th 07, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Rob G

On 13 Dec, 09:54, Gordon H wrote:
When nearly every thread is dedicated to poles or head torches or
rucksacks or, or, ...

(Not that I contribute much these days)!
--
Gordon H
(Remove "Invalid" to reply)

I'm not too sure what the point of this posting is ? Torches maybe
but rucksacks and poles apply all year through so thy are not related
to "That Time of Year" at all.

I think if you did a little analysis you would find that one thread
triggers another. There is a definite Usergroup discouragement on
hijacking posts - if someone asks a question, it is hardly reasonable
to ask your own question under that heading and re-direct the topic
away from the original subject. So the original thread triggers new
questions from others and there is therefore a cluster of threads
around the same topic.

Rob
Old December 13th 07, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
GSV Three Minds in a Can

Bitstring
,
from the wonderful person Rob G said
On 13 Dec, 09:54, Gordon H wrote:
When nearly every thread is dedicated to poles or head torches or
rucksacks or, or, ...

(Not that I contribute much these days)!
--
Gordon H
(Remove "Invalid" to reply)

I'm not too sure what the point of this posting is ? Torches maybe
but rucksacks and poles apply all year through so thy are not related
to "That Time of Year" at all.

I dunno - even walkers need Xmas presents ..

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can
10,002 Km walked. 1,952 Km PROWs surveyed. 35.5% complete.
Old December 13th 07, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
PeterC

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:54:29 +0000, Gordon H wrote:

When nearly every thread is dedicated to poles or head torches or
rucksacks or, or, ...

(Not that I contribute much these days)!

Indoor sports' time, innit?
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Old December 13th 07, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon H

PeterC writes
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:54:29 +0000, Gordon H wrote:

When nearly every thread is dedicated to poles or head torches or
rucksacks or, or, ...

(Not that I contribute much these days)!

Indoor sports' time, innit?

Yes, swimming in my case! I'm trying to maintain a target of 1 mile
each week, which means I need to do a half mile tomorrow. :-)
At least I'm keeping reasonably fit although I'm not doing anything
other than short exercise walks.
(Until global warming dries up the mud).
--
Gordon H
(Remove "Invalid" to reply)

Old December 13th 07, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
PeterC

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:12:12 +0000, Gordon H wrote:

PeterC writes
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:54:29 +0000, Gordon H wrote:

When nearly every thread is dedicated to poles or head torches or
rucksacks or, or, ...

(Not that I contribute much these days)!

Indoor sports' time, innit?

Yes, swimming in my case! I'm trying to maintain a target of 1 mile
each week, which means I need to do a half mile tomorrow. :-)
At least I'm keeping reasonably fit although I'm not doing anything
other than short exercise walks.
(Until global warming dries up the mud).

last 2 mornings have been quite good, as the mud was a bit more turgid than
of late.
Did 11 miles yesterday and again today. Bit boring in flat Northants, but
the frozen hoof-prints add to the excitement - as does [mis-]navigating
through a bit parking estate.

Now topped 100 miles in my [once-]new Scarpa boots, with nary a nill!