Trousers

Old January 7th 04, 02:20 AM
Francesca

Default Trousers

Can anyone reccomend a pair of walking trousers that just might fit a lanky
male ie 33 waist but 34 inch leg. Am I the only walker in th e UK that has
to wear gaiters to cover the bottom of my legs?

Peter and Fran

Old January 7th 04, 04:26 AM
Will Moy

I have a pair of Royal Robbins that fit nicely, and also Rohan do
stuff that fits. Easiest thing surely is to try a bunch on...

hth,

Will

"Francesca" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone reccomend a pair of walking trousers that just might fit

a lanky
male ie 33 waist but 34 inch leg. Am I the only walker in th e UK

that has
to wear gaiters to cover the bottom of my legs?

Peter and Fran

---

Old January 7th 04, 04:37 AM
CB

"Francesca" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone reccomend a pair of walking trousers that just might fit a

lanky
male ie 33 waist but 34 inch leg. Am I the only walker in th e UK that has
to wear gaiters to cover the bottom of my legs?

Try, Breeks (not +4's) with long socks :-0 That was the norm before 'pozers'
came on the scene ;-)

Or just wear anything, but not Levi's

CB
--
Bird sightings based around 'Craven' Skipton, North Yorks.
http://cravenbirds.mysite.freeserve.com/

Old January 7th 04, 10:01 AM
NewsGroups

I have asimilar problem (but at the other end of the spectrum) Why not try
www.extremeoutdoorclothing.com they do "made to measure trousers" which are
superb. You wont buy better

cheers

Gary
. ..

Old January 7th 04, 10:15 AM
Peter Clinch

CB wrote:

Try, Breeks (not +4's) with long socks :-0 That was the norm before 'pozers'
came on the scene ;-)

Point of Breeks is they'd be lighter and allow better freedom of
movement than full trousers, but articulated knees and stretch fabrics
mean this is no longer necessarily the case. And since trousers mean
you don't have to worry about your socks falling down if it's cold and
the fabrics these days are quicker drying than socks trousers make a lot
of sense.

That said, I have a 31" inside leg and have to turn up a good 3" on
Rohans in a 32" waist, so give them a go. They do various styles and
though they're not cheap they're well built from good fabrics and the
design is usually thoughtful rather than "me too". I doubt they're the
only ones.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

Old January 7th 04, 12:00 PM
Rifleman

"Francesca" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone reccomend a pair of walking trousers that just might fit a

lanky
male ie 33 waist but 34 inch leg. Am I the only walker in th e UK that has
to wear gaiters to cover the bottom of my legs?

Peter and Fran

Craghoppers do various leg-lengths in their Kiwi trousers.....(Short,
regular and Long AFAIK....)

just gone to look - Short is about 29-30" inside leg so Long should easily
be 34".....

Old January 7th 04, 12:44 PM
Richard Webb

Try, Breeks (not +4's) with long socks :-0 That was the norm before 'pozers'
came on the scene ;-)

I have gone back to tweed breeks for normal winter walking.. and I love them..
Only problem is getting the long socks.. Not so easy now...

Richard Webb
Old January 7th 04, 12:56 PM
Rifleman

"Richard Webb" wrote in message
om...
Try, Breeks (not +4's) with long socks :-0 That was the norm before

'pozers'
came on the scene ;-)

I have gone back to tweed breeks for normal winter walking.. and I love

them..
Only problem is getting the long socks.. Not so easy now...

Richard Webb

Try
www.brocklehursts.com
www.JohnNorris.co.uk
www.william-powell.co.uk

Old January 7th 04, 07:16 PM
Paul Upham

"Francesca" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone reccomend a pair of walking trousers that just might fit a

lanky
male ie 33 waist but 34 inch leg. Am I the only walker in th e UK that

has
to wear gaiters to cover the bottom of my legs?

I bought some Rohan Dry Pants from their shop in Ambleside a year or so
ago. I am a mere 29 inch leg. However, all the trousers weer at least 5
inches too long. The shop assistant told me that they make all their
trousers long, then offer a tailoring service, to cut them to length.

I guess this makes things easier for them, as they just have the one
production run to do, for a given waist size.

The other bonus of the dry pants, is that you dont need to worry about
searching for seperate waterproof trousers, though they are a bit warm to
wear in the summer months.

Paul