Waterproof Trousers

Old October 29th 05, 05:51 PM
Snp

Default Waterproof Trousers

Hi All,

Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
find any.
Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.

Any help, much appreciated.

--

Thanks,

Snp (Gid Auld Fife)

Cut THE [email protected] To Reply

www.heliocentric-lan.co.uk

Old October 29th 05, 06:19 PM
Fran

snoopy2004[email protected] said...
Hi All,

Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
find any.
Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.

Any help, much appreciated.

I assume from this that you're finding things are too short? Have you
considered using gaiters to 'cover the gap' in between trousers and
boots? Just an idle thought.
--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.
Old October 29th 05, 06:28 PM
Snp

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
snoopy2004[email protected] said...
Hi All,

Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex
waterproof
trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
find any.
Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.

Any help, much appreciated.

I assume from this that you're finding things are too short? Have
you
considered using gaiters to 'cover the gap' in between trousers and
boots? Just an idle thought.
--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and
@
where common sense dictates.

Hi,

Yup, I have considered that, but there are times that you really don't
need to wear gaiters.

Old October 29th 05, 06:35 PM
Gordon Burns

I've a 35" inside leg, was considering Paramo that officially were only 32"
long. They fit me perfectly, so I bought them!!!

Old October 29th 05, 06:57 PM
Snp

"Snp" wrote in message
Hi All,

Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex
waterproof trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg
and cannot find any.
Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.

Any help, much appreciated.

--

Thanks,

Snp (Gid Auld Fife)

Cut THE [email protected] To Reply

www.heliocentric-lan.co.uk

Hi,

What paramo trousers did you actually purchase, I am looking at
www.themountainfactor.com
at moment

Old October 29th 05, 08:14 PM
Gordon Burns

I bought the Cascada trousers, they are the Viento, but without the zip
offs. The salopettes are more winter climbing grade, and too heavy for
general use. I bought mine from the Mountain Factor! Cost 100. Notice he's
still doing Vientos at 75 which was the same price as this time last year.
Just measured my supposedly 32" inside leg and they are 34 1/2". I did ring
the girl at Paramo to enquire about having a longer pair made, and she said
that the "standard" length was far longer than that stated and I should try
a pair before I ordered a special pair.
Stewart Cunningham, just up the road from Mountain Factor was also selling
them at 100, this time last year.
Took me a long time before I made up my mind to buy them. I just didn't
believe that they could work better than Goretex, but now I'm their biggest
fan.

m...

Old October 29th 05, 09:21 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , Snp
writes
Hi All,

Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
find any.
Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.

Any help, much appreciated.

Try

http://www.slioch.co.uk

Made to measure and superb quality and service
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old October 29th 05, 09:28 PM
Peter Clinch

Snp wrote:

Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
find any.

Failing anything else, companies like Slioch will custom make them
to your measurements. Their gear is well made and has a fine
reputation.

http://www.slioch.co.uk/

(they're not the only folk who do this, btw)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old October 29th 05, 09:48 PM
Chris Loffredo

Snp wrote:
Hi All,

Been trawling internet for some decent hillwalking goretex waterproof
trousers in my size, I am a 6ft 6" with a 34" inside leg and cannot
find any.
Anyone have a link or any ideas as to where I might get a pair.

Any help, much appreciated.

Hi,

In the UK, Keela has about the best price-quality ratio - I don't know
about your size, though.
http://www.keela.co.uk/PAGES/INDEX.ASP

Globetrotter has just about everything and every size you could imagine.
Even with shipping costs from Germany, it will probably be cheaper than
buying in the UK.
http://www.globetrotter.de

Chris