ironman registration goodies

Old July 1st 05, 08:02 PM

Default ironman registration goodies

Whats included in your IM registration?

Just a t shirt or more, it seems like a ton of money for a race.

Old July 1st 05, 08:21 PM
rsquared

B wrote:
Whats included in your IM registration?

Just a t shirt or more, it seems like a ton of money for a race.

I think it depends upon which Ironman race you are referring to. In my
experience, it is unlikely to be the Mother-of-all-Goodie-Bags.

The usual basics: sun block, snack food samples, coupons, a small
toy/gadget, visor, etc. The rest is race related docs (maps, course
descriptions, etc.). Sometimes you get something handy, like a duffle
bag or a towel.

Yes. These races are relatively expensive and that can be frustrating
to people. At the same time, others have pointed out that the entry
fee tends to be a small part of the total cost of participating in the
sport.

rsquared

Old July 2nd 05, 02:56 AM
Harold Buck

In article [email protected], "B"
wrote:

Whats included in your IM registration?

Just a t shirt or more, it seems like a ton of money for a race.

You only get the T-shirt if you finish. No finish, no shirt for you!

At IM Wisconsin, we got kind of a crappy little bag. I think the coolest
thing in there was the window sticker for my car, which I've since sold.
The car, not the sticker, although I guess in a way I sold that, too.

You do end up getting a couple of meals, plus all of the race-day food,
ice, etc. They have to rent a big facility. I mean, they're making a
profit, but doing these races can't be cheap.

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson
Old July 2nd 05, 04:27 AM
Gary B

A buddy of mine just did IM CDA. Got a CDA IM hat, small "golf" towel,
larger "transition area" towel, shirt, medal, bag, and cool light blue and
white Live Strong style wrist band with FINISHER on it. Not too shabby...