GPS advice wanted

Old October 8th 09, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Syke[_2_]

Default GPS advice wanted

I have used a basic GPS for some time but now want to upgrade. Like so many
things nowadays, I'm finding it a bit confusing; so many choices and
permutations. Basically, I want something like the Satmap 10 but a bit
cheaper and not so restrictive in terms of mapping choice. Because
waterproofing and size are not areas of concern, I'm thinking of something
like the Fujitsu LOOX N560, perhaps with Memory Maps or Quo? Would this
combination do what the Satmap does? If not, what would you recommend?

Regards

Pat Macguire

Old October 9th 09, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Dave[_13_]

"Syke" wrote in message
I have used a basic GPS for some time but now want to upgrade. Like so
many
things nowadays, I'm finding it a bit confusing; so many choices and
permutations. Basically, I want something like the Satmap 10 but a bit
cheaper and not so restrictive in terms of mapping choice. Because
waterproofing and size are not areas of concern, I'm thinking of something
like the Fujitsu LOOX N560, perhaps with Memory Maps or Quo? Would this
combination do what the Satmap does? If not, what would you recommend?

Regards

Pat Macguire

Memory Map are launching a new device that is cheaper than SatMap10 but
don't know what it runs on.

I personally use an Orange SPVM600 (it has a built in receiver) with larger
battery with MemoryMap.

It does have downside of not been waterproof or as rugged as some other
things but it was cheap at 80 second hand works as a phone if I want it to
and is a fully functioning PDA.

There are other models that do the same thing too based on the HTC
framework.

Dave

Beginner advice wanted yk Swimming 8 April 18th 08 09:42 PM
In a dilemma advice/opinions wanted greenhill Weights 20 May 16th 05 05:06 PM
goggle advice wanted Angela St.Aubin Swimming 2 August 19th 04 04:28 AM
advice on doctors advice wanted martin General 3 July 20th 04 06:34 PM
advice wanted: eating a lot of food David Hanley Aerobic 0 July 1st 03 05:15 PM