Memory map 2004 printouts

Old May 20th 04, 09:32 PM
Bernie Hughes

Default Memory map 2004 printouts

Chris wrote:
So how does Anquet know you've uninstalled it on the first computer??

I've had to reinstall Anquet from scratch 3 times on my PC. (Nothing
wrong with the program, just me messing about with Linux) Each time
Anquet have supplied new codes to unlock the discs without any trouble:
you just send them an email- the address will be on www.anquet.com

Bernie
Old May 20th 04, 10:06 PM
Phil Cook

On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:30:07 +0100, Bernie Hughes wrote:

Mike Clark wrote:
the big restriction with Anquet is that each map
has to be copied to hard disc and registered before it can be used.

Not so. Anquet can be run from CD also. I guess it would be slower that
way though.

It might have changed. They have a new product out.
95/284 5/219 c.100/300 (900m with drop100m )
Old May 21st 04, 11:11 AM
Paul Saunders

Bernie Hughes wrote:

Not so. Anquet can be run from CD also. I guess it would be slower
that way though.

It uses a cache for which you can set the size. Areas that have been
viewed previously remain in the cache so it doesn't need to access the
CD unless you view a new area. Of course if you regularly look at new
areas the older stuff in the cache will be wiped so you'll need to
reinsert a (not "the") CD for the local areas. Best to just stick it
all on the hard drive, it's only 2 gig for half the country. The latest
racing games are double that.

Paul
--
http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk

Old May 21st 04, 11:17 AM
Bernie Hughes

Phil Cook wrote:
Anquet can be run from CD also. I guess it would be slower that
way though.

It might have changed. They have a new product out.

Yes, sorry hadn't thought of that. I was referring to the original 1:50k
mapping.

Bernie
Old May 21st 04, 11:21 AM
Bernie Hughes

Paul Saunders wrote:

It uses a cache for which you can set the size. Areas that have been
viewed previously remain in the cache so it doesn't need to access the
CD unless you view a new area. Of course if you regularly look at new
areas the older stuff in the cache will be wiped so you'll need to
reinsert a (not "the") CD for the local areas. Best to just stick it
all on the hard drive, it's only 2 gig for half the country.

Absolutely, I've both N&S on my hard drive. But then I have very little
else in the way of games or photos stashed there.

Bernie

Old May 21st 04, 11:38 AM
Gordon

Paul Saunders wrote
Bernie Hughes wrote:

Not so. Anquet can be run from CD also. I guess it would be slower
that way though.

It uses a cache for which you can set the size. Areas that have been
viewed previously remain in the cache so it doesn't need to access the
CD unless you view a new area. Of course if you regularly look at new
areas the older stuff in the cache will be wiped so you'll need to
reinsert a (not "the") CD for the local areas. Best to just stick it
all on the hard drive, it's only 2 gig for half the country. The latest
racing games are double that.

I haven't got one gig spare!

I know, I know - but getting a new PC would mean XP, and I'm getting to
know it via my mate's m/c first..... ;-)
--
Gordon
Old May 21st 04, 12:39 PM
Paul Saunders

Bernie Hughes wrote:

Absolutely, I've both N&S on my hard drive. But then I have very
little else in the way of games or photos stashed there.

Even if you did, hard disk space is really not a problem anymore, not
unless you need to store thousands of 120 meg hi res photo scans.

I've currently got 270 gig of hard disk space, a few gig is nothing
these days.

Paul

Old May 21st 04, 06:28 PM
Paul Saunders

Gordon wrote:

I haven't got one gig spare!

I know, I know - but getting a new PC would mean XP, and I'm getting
to know it via my mate's m/c first..... ;-)

But you'll need a huge hard drive for the latest batch of games, not to
mention loads of memory, a powerful processor and a graphics card with
more memory and processing power than most computers had a few years
back. Oh, and did I mention the DVD drive? Games are getting so big
now that CDs are getting too small to hold them.

Just to put this in perspective, FS2004 plus the four UK photographic
scenery disks will consume 13 gig of hard drive space. Makes the 4 gig
of my next racing game seem small, but I can't buy it until I get a DVD
drive and a new graphics card first.

Paul

muscle memory Joe Laughlin Weights 9 July 15th 04 09:31 PM
Overtraining and muscle memory Peter Webb Weights 1 March 31st 04 04:36 PM
Memory Map 1:25 000 Andy Laycock Walking in the UK 3 November 9th 03 05:42 PM
Memory Map or Anquet Neal Milne Walking in the UK 25 October 10th 03 06:25 PM
Question about muscle memory. Combfilter Weights 9 October 6th 03 01:51 PM