Touching The Void - Any sightings? (Slight Return)

Old March 4th 04, 08:20 PM
Gordon

Default Touching The Void - Any sightings? (Slight Return)

RJ Webb wrote

That bloody film! I was singing Boney M song to myself whilst
wandering the Cluanie Forest recently. Managed to get it out of my
head with Fingal's Cave, though it kept coming back if I wasn't
careful.

Thanks to Tam Patey, I am forever cused with Onward Christian Soldiers
H^H^H^ Bonnington

Richard Webb

Did I see Hamish McInnes in the upland part of a recent program with
Bill Oddie about wildlife, otters etc?

There aren't *too* many Hamishes around, but I expect they all have
those wild beards which disguise them. ;-)
--
Gordon
Old March 4th 04, 09:33 PM
AC

It is out on DVD next month I read somewhere?

"Dave Brown" wrote in message
It's on at the Dukes Playhouse Lancaster this week...

Monday: 6-15pm
Tuesday: 8-30pm
Wednesday: 6-15pm
Thursday: 8-30pm

Box Office Tel No: 01524 598500
Dave
All Wainwrights completed
74 Walks......763 miles......approx 200,000' of ascent to complete.
At Heysham looking across Morecambe Bay to the Cumbrian Fells

Old March 4th 04, 10:10 PM
Gordon

AC wrote
It is out on DVD next month I read somewhere?

I bought a DVD player a couple of days ago, and decided instead of going
for the 30 quid job to get one which plays jpg files.

Superb! I copied all my digi-photos to a CD-R and I can now sit back
and watch a slide show of them on the telly, with some suitable pastoral
music on the Hi-Fi.

Definitely the only way to show them to your family/friends. [1]

It has a zoom facility up to 200%, and pan and tilt, and the quality is
surprisingly good even at full zoom.

[1] When they show signs of staying too long. ;-)
--
Gordon
Old March 5th 04, 12:20 AM
Martin Richardson

In message , Phil Cook
writes

A desire for some wilderness, none of that fake Welsh variety mind :-)
M***o bagging has to be done on holiday for me. at the present rate it
will take me until I'm 55 unless I move a bit nearer.

I'm planning to do my final M***o on my 57th birthday. And I'm off
tomorrow to (hopefully) improve the figures below - now where's that
snow?
\/
--
Martin Richardson
216/284 Munros (34/34 'Furths')

Old March 5th 04, 01:04 AM
Phil Cook

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:20:17 +0000, Martin Richardson wrote:

In message , Phil Cook
writes

A desire for some wilderness, none of that fake Welsh variety mind :-)
M***o bagging has to be done on holiday for me. at the present rate it
will take me until I'm 55 unless I move a bit nearer.

I'm planning to do my final M***o on my 57th birthday.

When is that, so we can plan ahead to be there?

And I'm off tomorrow to (hopefully) improve the figures below - now where's that
snow?

I dunno, but if you find any I'll be mighty peeved.
Old March 6th 04, 03:33 PM
Simon Caldwell

Go to my home page, look at the step wedge and you
should be able to see all or most of the steps from white to black

How about a link to one of the sites which gives instructions on how
to adjust your display correctly? It's all very well saying you
should be able to view all the steps, but most people won't have a
clue what to do if they can't!

Old March 15th 04, 06:42 PM
Martin Richardson

In message , Phil Cook
writes
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:20:17 +0000, Martin Richardson wrote:

In message , Phil Cook
writes

A desire for some wilderness, none of that fake Welsh variety mind :-)
M***o bagging has to be done on holiday for me. at the present rate it
will take me until I'm 55 unless I move a bit nearer.

I'm planning to do my final M***o on my 57th birthday.

When is that, so we can plan ahead to be there?

And I'm off tomorrow to (hopefully) improve the figures below - now
where's that
snow?

I dunno, but if you find any I'll be mighty peeved.

Lots of it. And I've got pictures to prove it. I'll put some on the web
later this week.

--
Martin Richardson
227/284 Munros - 20% to go