soloflex

Old January 16th 04, 12:12 AM
Mostro

Default soloflex

I lift free weights regular, would like maybe a soloflex at the house for
when I cant get to the gym. I have no space, and a 16 month old, so free
wights at home are a bit dangerous. Is a soloflex a waste of money?
Opinions please.

Old January 16th 04, 12:52 AM
r5

"Mostro" wrote:
I lift free weights regular, would like maybe a soloflex at the house for

How come, not enough towel racks in your house?
Old January 16th 04, 05:01 AM
Bob Sacamano

I lift free weights regular, would like maybe a soloflex at the house
for

How come, not enough towel racks in your house?

I was thinking he wanted monkey bars for when the child gets a little older.

Old January 17th 04, 12:36 PM
Dr. Dickie

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:12:00 -0600, "Mostro"
wrote:

I lift free weights regular, would like maybe a soloflex at the house for
when I cant get to the gym. I have no space, and a 16 month old, so free
wights at home are a bit dangerous. Is a soloflex a waste of money?
Opinions please.

Had one and used it for about a year (the wife wanted it, and used it
too). First, you cannot squat, at least if you are over 5'5" (I'm 6'3"
and my frame would not fit in there to squat, not even close! You
cannot reasonably dead lift. The machine moves the way it wants to
move, not necessarily the way you move. The beach press is awkward at
best. The resistance is inconsistent and somewhat disturbing. And it
takes up more space than a set of free weights and a bench. Even a
power rack! The bench is wobbly, and awkward.
I now have a power rack. I will never go back.

Dr. Dickie
Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
Poking kooks with a pointy stick
====================================
"Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream"
Wallace Stevens-1923
=====================================
Old December 6th 04, 08:46 PM
Charlie

ehss wrote:
In article ,
() wrote:
Does anyone know the 800 number for Soloflex?

Is this the best machine among its competitors?
Are there enough exercises for the legs?
Can you *really* get a precise weight with those bands?
I am planning to do a strength routine to gain weight.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

The Soloflex and similar rubber machiens are even a bigger scam than
half those lousy cheap to make, but expensive, ab machines you see on

TV. I once owned one of those lousy rubber machines and they did
absolutely nothing for me, exept leave a red mark on my face for days

when one of the rubbers went lose and striked me on the face when
benching. There is no question than free weights work better, maybe
2x or more. Besides, you have to replace the rubbers after a while
because they keep getting weak and the resistance decreases. Very
annoying when you are trying to increase poundage week by week by a
little bit and you don't know if it's 60lbs when it says 60lbs. In
any case, those machines are obviously a big scam. Don't buy them!
Buy free weights!!! What's wrong with that? It's cheaper too!

How did you get a Soloflex 'Rubber Band ' to slip off and hit you in
the face...? This is VERY HARD TO DO! I have only read these stories
from people who hate the Soloflex. And then from the people who never
used one.
I bought my Soloflex about 20 years ago. The rubber bands last approx 7
to 8 years if you use them or not. Also, I noticed that the bands get
weak after long use. IE: you use the same 50lbs band's for benching
over time. But this can take a few years.
The weight bars Soloflex sells to hold your free weights, good on the
Soloflex Rocket not good on the soloflex. It feels as if the weights
can slip off. 10 lbs on each side is ok, Don't use a 50lbs plate on
each side.
Back to the POST. Unless you are advanced in lifting weights, rubber
bands, iron plates or pulleys. IT MAKES NO DIFFRENCE. You need to put
your time in working out.
Besides, have you ever belonged to a gym? Most of the people I run into
in a gym are there to "not workout". People have towels thrown over
equipment as if they are holding it for someone. People on cell phones
sitting on equipment they are not using. Staff that can not answer
simple questions. Staff that kicks people off machines so
'friends' can use it. This has happened to me in several clubs
(nyh&rc is one ) in NYC area. Any club that offers Spin classes or
yoga or karate, is not a place to lift. Go to yoga school if you want
yoga, go to karate school (JKA dojo) if you want to lean karate.
The problem with a home gym is that, Can you push yourself to do the
workout?
That's the big question!
If you drop a rubber band, it will bounce. Drop a free weight you may
break your floor or a toe.
Rubber bands, iron plates or pulleys. IT MAKES NO DIFFRENCE. You need
to put YOUR time in.

Need Soloflex stuff sunflower news reader Weights 3 January 31st 05 04:32 AM
Soloflex Users Group DeWayne Walking 6 March 18th 04 01:43 AM
soloflex supplies sunflower news reader Weights 1 August 10th 03 08:19 PM
Q: Soloflex? zoltar Weights 6 July 25th 03 05:38 PM