Sideways bench press

Old December 18th 04, 08:28 AM
BionicMan113

Default Sideways bench press

I was wondering, is there such thing as a sideways bench press? It seems like
it might just be lateral deltoid raises, but I''m thinking more of a pushing
exercise, like if I got stuck in a closing room like the one in StarWars.
Also, I suppose Santa Claus could use it to break out of a chimney if he gets
stuck this Christmas ;-)

-BionicMan113
Old December 18th 04, 03:31 PM
Paul Cassel

BionicMan113 wrote:
I was wondering, is there such thing as a sideways bench press? It seems like
it might just be lateral deltoid raises, but I''m thinking more of a pushing
exercise, like if I got stuck in a closing room like the one in StarWars.
Also, I suppose Santa Claus could use it to break out of a chimney if he gets
stuck this Christmas ;-)

Some machines at my gym have exactly this type of motion. Other than you
don't need to stablize the weight, the feeling is the same as a bp.

-paul
Old December 18th 04, 10:08 PM
tabber

I have only been in 3 closing rooms. It is true that human skulls
crack under the pressure. Thankfully for me there was always a young
Asian rickshaw driver to help me out in the nick of time.

Old December 18th 04, 10:25 PM
Jeff Finlayson

BionicMan113 wrote:

I was wondering, is there such thing as a sideways bench press? It seems like
it might just be lateral deltoid raises, but I''m thinking more of a pushing
exercise, like if I got stuck in a closing room like the one in StarWars.

Sounds more like a highly modified shoulder press.