A Fitness & exercise forum. FitnessBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FitnessBanter.com forum » Fitness & Exercise » Weights
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

That fat sonofobitch broke the scale!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 6th 04, 12:31 PM
Tundra Wookie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default That fat sonofobitch broke the scale!

I go to the gym tonight and like a good boy, I only did abs and cardio..
gotta rest sometime. I go to the hot tub and there is this man of greater
stature in there. When he got out, the water level went down 6 inches. Next
thing I hear is the scale go crunch. I go take a look at it and both weights
are completely to the right. I move them back down to the range of mere
mortals and get on it myself. No go. Busted ass scale (Detecto upright
balance beam, 350# capacity.) You would think that at 6'3" with a ~60" waist
you would know what rides you can and can't get on without damaging them.

--TW I hate the first two weeks of January.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
-Terry Pratchett


  #2  
Old January 6th 04, 03:25 PM
Bob Falooley
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default That fat sonofobitch broke the scale!

Tundra Wookie wrote:


--TW I hate the first two weeks of January.

-Terry Pratchett



One benefit is there are more girls in the gym to look at.

--Falooley
  #3  
Old January 6th 04, 03:35 PM
Dally
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default That fat sonofobitch broke the scale!

Tundra Wookie wrote:

--TW I hate the first two weeks of January.


Me, too. I want to work on getting in some longer runs in. But the gym
is filled with people doing 45 minute walks at 3.0 mph on my
treadmill. I'd run outside but for those attacks by Canada.

Is there a polite way to point out that their strolls aren't doing
anything if they don't reach an elevated heart rate?

Dally

  #4  
Old January 6th 04, 04:01 PM
Helgi Briem
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default That fat sonofobitch broke the scale!

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:35:57 -0500, Dally wrote:

Me, too. I want to work on getting in some longer runs in. But the gym
is filled with people doing 45 minute walks at 3.0 mph on my
treadmill. I'd run outside but for those attacks by Canada.

Is there a polite way to point out that their strolls aren't doing
anything if they don't reach an elevated heart rate?


They're still doing quite a lot. Not increasing their
cardiovascular fitness (much) but burning some
fat certainly.
  #5  
Old January 6th 04, 04:47 PM
Synthon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default That fat sonofobitch broke the scale!

"Tundra Wookie" wrote in message news:[email protected]
I go to the gym tonight and like a good boy, I only did abs and cardio..
gotta rest sometime. I go to the hot tub and there is this man of greater
stature in there. When he got out, the water level went down 6 inches. Next
thing I hear is the scale go crunch. I go take a look at it and both weights
are completely to the right. I move them back down to the range of mere
mortals and get on it myself. No go. Busted ass scale (Detecto upright
balance beam, 350# capacity.) You would think that at 6'3" with a ~60" waist
you would know what rides you can and can't get on without damaging them.

--TW I hate the first two weeks of January.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
-Terry Pratchett


Make sure that fat cock-sucker has to pay for it. If not, bust him
in his teeth with a 35 plate. :^)
  #6  
Old January 6th 04, 05:34 PM
Nigel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default That fat sonofobitch broke the scale!

Dally wrote in -
berlin.de:

Tundra Wookie wrote:

--TW I hate the first two weeks of January.


Me, too. I want to work on getting in some longer runs in. But the

gym
is filled with people doing 45 minute walks at 3.0 mph on my
treadmill. I'd run outside but for those attacks by Canada.

Is there a polite way to point out that their strolls aren't doing
anything if they don't reach an elevated heart rate?

Dally


You will see those people every day for about two weeks then they will
disappear. The whole period of inconvenience lasts about 6 weeks. Then
they go away leaving only the subsidy on your gym membership. I see it
as a little inconvenience for a few weeks with benefits lasting year
round.
  #7  
Old January 6th 04, 06:22 PM
Donovan Rebbechi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default That fat sonofobitch broke the scale!

In article , Helgi Briem wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:35:57 -0500, Dally wrote:

Me, too. I want to work on getting in some longer runs in. But the gym
is filled with people doing 45 minute walks at 3.0 mph on my
treadmill. I'd run outside but for those attacks by Canada.

Is there a polite way to point out that their strolls aren't doing
anything if they don't reach an elevated heart rate?


They're still doing quite a lot. Not increasing their
cardiovascular fitness (much) but burning some
fat certainly.


About 540 cal/hr for a 250lb fatass at 3mph without incline. Not really enough
to produce results unless they're prepared to do long workouts.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/
  #8  
Old January 6th 04, 11:11 PM
Tundra Wookie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default That fat sonofobitch broke the scale!


"Synthon" wrote in message
om...
"Tundra Wookie" wrote in message

news:[email protected]
I go to the gym tonight and like a good boy, I only did abs and cardio..
gotta rest sometime. I go to the hot tub and there is this man of

greater
stature in there. When he got out, the water level went down 6 inches.

Next
thing I hear is the scale go crunch. I go take a look at it and both

weights
are completely to the right. I move them back down to the range of mere
mortals and get on it myself. No go. Busted ass scale (Detecto upright
balance beam, 350# capacity.) You would think that at 6'3" with a ~60"

waist
you would know what rides you can and can't get on without damaging

them.

--TW I hate the first two weeks of January.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
-Terry Pratchett


Make sure that fat cock-sucker has to pay for it. If not, bust him
in his teeth with a 35 plate. :^)


I'd be afraid that it would boomerang off the blubber.

--TW 35?? Pussy. I throw no less than 45's.

  #9  
Old January 6th 04, 11:11 PM
Tundra Wookie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default That fat sonofobitch broke the scale!



"Bob Falooley" wrote in message
...
Tundra Wookie wrote:


--TW I hate the first two weeks of January.

-Terry Pratchett



One benefit is there are more girls in the gym to look at.

--Falooley


No, not really more girls... just more of girls to look at.

--TW ROLLS!

  #10  
Old January 7th 04, 01:52 AM
John Hanson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default That fat sonofobitch broke the scale!

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:25:16 -0500, Bob Falooley
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

Tundra Wookie wrote:


--TW I hate the first two weeks of January.

-Terry Pratchett



One benefit is there are more girls in the gym to look at.

There was an absolute babe in the gym last night that I've never seen
before. I hope she continues to come.


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
beam weight scale jack12 Weights 0 December 13th 03 06:09 AM
Where to Buy This Scale Offline Anonymous Weights 1 October 26th 03 02:23 PM
Tanita BF Scale PackFan Weights 1 September 25th 03 10:54 PM
Scale for body fat & body water ---- Tanita vs Life Fascination Brand Bargain Weights 2 September 17th 03 02:27 PM
suggestion on weight scale purchase Harry Weights 0 August 24th 03 02:47 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 FitnessBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.