Scottish Outdoor Access Code

Old January 25th 04, 11:56 PM
Bernard Hill

Default Scottish Outdoor Access Code

In article , Gordon
writes
KRO wrote

"Gordon" wrote in message
KRO wrote

I may pay to keep those leeches in
Mondeos

Not a car snob, are you?

No fraid not, I wasn't aware they were issued with any other car!
Plus up until 3 months ago, I had the said vehicle, and it was a
decent car until age and lack of maintenance caught up :-)

KRO

I've just paid out 498 for new lower wishbones (bushes split), and new
discs and pads, on a 31,000 mile car. I'm seriously doubtful about
replacing it with the later Mondeo. :-(

I would have preferred the Focus, and nearly got one, but lady friend
said the Mondeo was prettier.

I disagreed, but....

I rejected a Focus because I couldn't see out of the back while
reversing. Make sure you try this before you buy one.

Bernard Hill
Selkirk, Scotland

Old January 26th 04, 09:24 PM
Bernie Hughes

"druidh" wrote in message

"Bernie Hughes" wrote in message

"KRO" wrote in message
snip

if it *can* be a civil "illegality" can landowners
enforce
that civil crime as it's taking place? Or does their rights extend

merely
recording and report the said offence. M'lud.

They have the right to ask you politely to leave their land by the

shortest
reasonable route. But they cannot obstruct you in any way by putting you

in
an arm-lock (assault), pointing a shotgun at you (intimidation,

threatening
violence) or even shouting and swearing at you (breech of the peace). If

you
refuse to leave, they have no option but to call the cops. Assuming the
police actually turn up, they will repeat the request for you to leave.

If
you refuse, they will offer to escort you to the nearest slammer, to be
locked up with any passing naked people. But then, as the landowner has

no
legal means of restraining you, chances are you will have continued

happily
on your way and will be long gone by the time Plod actually shows up. In
which case it's possible they would organise a full-scale man hunt, but

doubt that's very likely, unless you happen to be in the buff, or of
'foreign' appearance or whatever.
--

all of the above may be true, but it would certainly ruin my days walking.

..

That's very true unfortunately. It would be a minor victory to continue
anyway in the face of opposition, rather than turn back, but it would depend
very much on how I felt at the time.

--

Bernie
Get back on the wagon to reply..

Old January 28th 04, 12:34 AM
J MacEwan

"KRO" wrote in message
[...]

which case it's possible they would organise a full-scale man hunt, but I
doubt that's very likely, unless you happen to be in the buff, or of
'foreign' appearance or whatever.
--

all of the above may be true, but it would certainly ruin my days walking. .
. .

druidh

Its an interpretation of what could happen. Trespass in Scotland is a
Civil offence so the police would not be interested in turning up if
you had simply refused a landowner's request to leave their land. The
only method that the landowner could legally and enforceably use would
be an interdict preventing you as an individual from entering their
property.

Off Topic : Late Night Comedians Skewer Bush Steve Weights 181 April 8th 04 07:38 AM
Cheap Scottish Farmed Salmon Lordy Weights 2 January 19th 04 04:41 PM
Scottish walks Gordy Walking in the UK 10 November 11th 03 01:41 PM
scottish walks BJ Walking in the UK 15 November 2nd 03 09:03 PM
Scottish Midges (was 'Thanks') W. D. Grey Walking in the UK 1 July 6th 03 10:32 PM