Is treadmill running much different from trail running?

Old November 5th 04, 03:23 PM
Miss Anne Thrope

Default Is treadmill running much different from trail running?

If the painting of dogs playing poker doesn't move on the wall, then
you're not jogging faster......or anywhere.

Old November 6th 04, 02:33 AM
Twittering One

[high con]
If the painting of dogs playing poker doesn't move on the wall, then
you're not jogging faster......or anywhere.

Does yours move?
Can I see?

_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Old November 6th 04, 09:06 AM
Twittering One

Running outside involves moving air; something that takes a bit of energy
even on a calm day (just moving air mass requires energy that does not go
into propulsion).

Also trails tend to offer variety in terrain and also requires more
stabilizing muscle use.

Also, the speed on treadmills may not be accurate.

OK, this makes sense.

Convection air current.

_______

Old November 6th 04, 02:22 PM
Bethowmuch

Is treadmill running much different from trail running?

No more different hiding in the bathroom and masturbating and going to a four
star hotel and spending the evening with a $1,000 prostitute.
Old November 6th 04, 03:45 PM
Sam

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 02:45:39 GMT, "Sam"
wrote:

Running outside involves moving air; something that takes a bit of energy
even on a calm day (just moving air mass requires energy that does not go
into propulsion).

Also trails tend to offer variety in terrain and also requires more
stabilizing muscle use.

Also, the speed on treadmills may not be accurate.

Of course because I'm an idiot, my posts maybe equally as idiotic.

Sam (the idiot man)
Old November 9th 04, 02:41 AM
andrea rose

I am a runner and have been running for about 8 years. Other than
being a little boring to me, I find that running on the treadmill
gives you the same type of workout. It depends on what you are going
for. I wouldnt recommend it for a sprint workout because it is
obviously not fast enough and wouldnt be the same feeling as a track
or cement. Hills are a good thing about running outside but as long
as your treadmill has an incline option, I would say that will get you
in shape and also provide an equivalent workout for some
cardiovascular endurance.
Old November 9th 04, 02:51 AM
Twittering One

[abr]
as long
as your treadmill has an incline option, I would say that will get you
in shape and also provide an equivalent workout for some
cardiovascular endurance.

more tk
incline option.

_______

Old November 10th 04, 03:30 AM
FabulustRunner

I don't know if anyone else experiences this but I find treadmill
running to be much harder on my body. After a run on the treadmill I
find my joints and back hurt more, and I find the run to be more
jarring whereas I find a run outside to be much easier on my body.
Does anyone else find this?

Not I. The opposite is true in my case.
Old November 10th 04, 03:36 AM
Donovan Rebbechi

On 2004-11-10, Shelley wrote:
Hey everybody,

I don't know if anyone else experiences this but I find treadmill
running to be much harder on my body. After a run on the treadmill I
find my joints and back hurt more, and I find the run to be more
jarring whereas I find a run outside to be much easier on my body.
Does anyone else find this?

The subtle variations in surface you (usually) get outdoors can help.
Treadmills stress the same muscles in the same way, each and every step
(unless you vary the incline)

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi