Name of 4-phase shoulder exercise?

Old July 30th 06, 06:56 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Bouquet

Default Name of 4-phase shoulder exercise?

I'm trying to learn the common name of the dumbbell shoulder
exercise where you start with the weights in front of your chin,
turn your arms outward as if you're doing a fly, press upwards,
turn your elbows inward, then lower to the start position.

It's often incorrectly called an Arnold Press. I found the
correct name on the Web a few years ago, but I've forgotten
it and can't find it again. Thanks.
Old July 30th 06, 11:31 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Bouquet

Bouquet wrote:
I'm trying to learn the common name of the dumbbell shoulder
exercise where you start with the weights in front of your chin,
turn your arms outward as if you're doing a fly, press upwards,
turn your elbows inward, then lower to the start position.

Ah, the wonders of blood flow; the name came to me at the gym:
Chek Press.
Old July 30th 06, 02:16 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Pete

"Bouquet" schreef:

It's often incorrectly called an Arnold Press. I found the
correct name on the Web a few years ago, but I've forgotten
it and can't find it again. Thanks.

Arnold Press.

----
Pete

Old July 30th 06, 03:50 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Jason Earl

Bouquet writes:

Bouquet wrote:
I'm trying to learn the common name of the dumbbell shoulder
exercise where you start with the weights in front of your chin,
turn your arms outward as if you're doing a fly, press upwards,
turn your elbows inward, then lower to the start position.

Ah, the wonders of blood flow; the name came to me at the gym:
Chek Press.

I suppose you can call the exercise whatever you want. However, if
you call it the Chek Press no one is going to have the slightest idea
what you are talking about. Put "Arnold Press" into Google and you
get a full page full of articles that describe or talk about the
exercise. Put in "Chek Press" and you get nothing.

Just a thought.

Jason
Old July 30th 06, 07:39 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
PecPanther

Pete wrote:
"Bouquet" schreef:

It's often incorrectly called an Arnold Press. I found the
correct name on the Web a few years ago, but I've forgotten
it and can't find it again. Thanks.

Arnold Press.

----
Pete

in a rush, leaving town....real quick... I have always called it the
Arnold Press ..no matter what you " Call" an exercise, really does not
matter, what matters is that you do it with proper form and place the
mind to the muscle Fibers working...feel every degree of movement and
know that you are digging deep where you need to.....what's in a
name???

my 2 cents... gotta run..wont be back on here for a few days or so..
take care..
good luck!
Lynn McCrossin

Old July 30th 06, 08:29 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt James

Jason Earl wrote:
Bouquet writes:

Bouquet wrote:
I'm trying to learn the common name of the dumbbell shoulder
exercise where you start with the weights in front of your chin,
turn your arms outward as if you're doing a fly, press upwards,
turn your elbows inward, then lower to the start position.

Ah, the wonders of blood flow; the name came to me at the gym:
Chek Press.

"Chek" Press? Here's some "Czech" trivia for you: Remember the hyoooge
bodybuilder Alois Pek?

http://www.classicbodybuilders.com/b.../aloispek1.jpg
http://www.classicbodybuilders.com/b.../aloispek2.jpg

Tie that to Arnold quickly as Schwarzenegger's middle name is... Alois.

Hey!!! Guess whose birthday it is?

I suppose you can call the exercise whatever you want. However, if
you call it the Chek Press no one is going to have the slightest idea
what you are talking about. Put "Arnold Press" into Google and you
get a full page full of articles that describe or talk about the
exercise. Put in "Chek Press" and you get nothing.

Just a thought.

Another thought...

Just as the Scott Curl is also known as the Preacher Bench Curl or
Preacher Curl, I'm sure the Arnold Press is known by another name.
Especially in the nonbodybuilding world. I Googled "rotating shoulder
presses" in an effort to find an alternate name for what the OP
described.

Uh, yeah, but I didn't find a name. So.

Jason

--
Curt

Old August 11th 14, 01:19 PM
Sestrichkatt5 Sestrichkatt5 is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for the nice article. It is very useful.
192.168.1.1