Treadmill and computer

Old October 16th 03, 12:12 PM

Default Treadmill and computer

I was thinking of buying a cheap foldaway treadmill, the type operated
with your feet (not the expensive motorised kind) and was wondering
what activities it's possible to do while on one of these? I would
really like to be able to use my computer while I walk on it, is it
possible to do a bit of mousing if not typing? or are those treadmills
too difficult to do much except watch TV? Any feedback of feasibility
would be appreciated

thank you

--- for email reply icer *at* swiftdsl.com.au ---
Old October 16th 03, 12:19 PM
Isiafs5

or are those treadmills
too difficult to do much except watch TV?

You might be able to read.

Sling Skate

My recommended reading for body fat control:
http://www.geocities.com/~slopitch/drsquat/fredzig.htm

Old October 16th 03, 04:28 PM
M_un Over Seattle

On 16 Oct 2003 11:19:33 GMT, (Isiafs5) wrote:

You might be able to read.

What happened to your killfile and what happened to getting me kicked
off Usenet, you dolt?
Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.
Old October 21st 03, 03:44 PM
[email protected]

Van Bagnol wrote in message .. .

Unless you are able to read/type while running, I think the treadmill
route would be impractical because of the natural jouncing. A Palm Pilot
or similar handheld device might be an improvement, but I think your
best bet is a laptop computer on a recumbent stationary bicycle.

Many people read while on treadmills, but others are too sensitive to
motion. If you are intent on multitasking or similar type "A" behavior
during exercise, how about listening to radio broadcasts, books on tape,
or singing along to your favorite music?

Hi, thanks for everyone's replies.

I did not want to run on the treadmill, only walk on it (Unfortunately
I have never got to try a non-motorised treadmill out. Can they
usually be set to a level where a steady but not extremely exerting
pace is possible?). I used to walk during the daytime but I can't any
more, and I like to use my computer at night. To give you an idea of
my multitasking abilities, I've accomplished walking round the house
reading a book with no trouble. But I feel stupid walking round in a
big circle and I prefer the computer to reading. So any further
feedback on using a computer on a treadmill would be much appreciated