car parking

Old August 4th 03, 08:55 PM
Paul Thomas

Default car parking

Hi all
I intend to spend next weekend walking in the Rhinogs and am a bit concerned
as to where I can leave the car unattended for a couple of days. Looking at
the map, apart from the power station area there does not seem to be many
places to leave a car. Anyone able to offer advice, help or whatever? I
will be approaching from the Dolgellau (poor spelling I know) area and am
looking to spend either Friday and Sat under the stars or just Sat depending
on permission from the g/f.

Cheers all

Paul

Old August 4th 03, 09:27 PM
Paul Saunders

"Paul Thomas" wrote

I intend to spend next weekend walking in the Rhinogs and am a bit

concerned
as to where I can leave the car unattended for a couple of days. Looking

at
the map, apart from the power station area there does not seem to be many
places to leave a car. Anyone able to offer advice, help or whatever?

Good place to park next to the forest at Graigddu-isaf in the east.

Not sure about Cefn Clawdd, but it might be possible.

In the west there's an excellent spot (field) at Cwm Bychan, but there's an
overnight charge of a fiver a night I think (a bit steep). You can camp
there for the same amount.

You can also pay (don't know how much) at Cwm Nantcol to the south of that.

North of that you can park at the end of the road on the Afon Eisingrug for
nothing. Only space for one or two cars though.

I will be approaching from the Dolgellau (poor spelling I know)

Nothing wrong with it!

Paul
--
http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk

Old August 5th 03, 11:46 PM
Paul Thomas

Thanks all, very useful.

Hope the weather holds.

Paul

Old August 7th 03, 10:00 PM
Anthony Dyer

You can also pay (don't know how much) at Cwm Nantcol to the south of
that.

I went there last June, it was 1 a day at the road end.

Anthony Dyer
www.mountain-walking.org.uk

Old August 8th 03, 07:40 PM
Anthony Dyer

Thanks Anthony. I don't suppose there's any camping there? Any idea if
they allow overnight parking if you want to wander off into the wilds for

few days?

They do allow overnight parking, but charge for two days. Me and my Dad a
long time ago (1996) asked if we could camp just off the car park and they
said no problem - no facilities though.

Old August 10th 03, 01:18 AM
Paul Saunders

"Anthony Dyer" wrote

They do allow overnight parking, but charge for two days. Me and my Dad a
long time ago (1996) asked if we could camp just off the car park and they
said no problem - no facilities though.

Thanks Anthony, useful to know.

Paul
--