Rest sore muscles? Rule-of-Thumb?

Old June 29th 03, 04:25 AM
Oscar Madisoy

Default Rest sore muscles? Rule-of-Thumb?

"Steven York" wrote in
:

As a newbie to working out (mostly fitness machines at the gym with
some free weights), I
understand that sore muscles are the result of muscle damage, calcium
going to this damage, and the muscle repairing itself. I've also read
that these muscles should not be worked on for at least 24 hours to
give them time to rejuvinate.

My question is, if (at the end of *48* hours) the muscles are still
sore, is it okay to work on them again?

--SY

Yes.

- Osc

Old June 30th 03, 05:36 PM
tightbody28

to answer your question yes..you may be able to work out after 48
hours..but it is also dependent upon your diet. Your whole reasoning
for using free weights and/or machines should be to tear your muscles.
Your body will overcompnsate in building your muscle back..therefore
you become bigger and stronger. well all of this is relative due to
your nutrition. I make sure my nutrition is good...protein
intake...carbs before and after workout..protein after workout..things
like that. If you want to learn more about "training smart" and your
"muscle nutrition"..I suggest you go to
www.healthsupplementreview.com.
They taught me alot about how actual bodybuilders build muscle.
Although I dont want to be a body builder..I still wanted to learn how
to build muscle effectively to where all of my time was not taken up..

This should help you..at least I hope it does.

-TB

Oscar Madisoy wrote in message .1...
"Steven York" wrote in
:

aerobic v anaerobic Van Bagnol Aerobic 4 February 5th 06 06:49 AM
Okay to Exercise with Sore Muscles? Sonny Maou Aerobic 1 March 23rd 04 11:05 PM