GR 11

Old February 17th 04, 08:41 PM
Chris Skeels

Default GR 11

Hi All,

Long time no post, hope everyone's well. Over Christmas my partner developed
a sudden and unprovoked interest in long distance routes.

Less (or more) fortunately she would like to do a section of the GR11 for
her first backpacking type outing. (She's reasonably fit and has no apparent
problems being dragged up Lakeland fells). I was wondering if anyone had any
suggestions / experience on the following:

1. GR11 conditions in June (will be doing days 20-30ish in the Cicerone
Guide).

2. Ladies rucksacks for backpacking, she's size 8-10 and 5'9", given her
slight build would a 'male' rucksack be better? I can hear the chorus of
'try them on' already but any post purchase experiences would be appreciated
:-)

3. I have a set of 47 1:40000 maps for the GR11, published by Prames
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...0021/sr=1-7/re
f=sr_1_8_7/202-8553576-2849434 anyone have these and know what the unumbered
grid relates too? Just in case I want to use one of 'those' devices for an
occasional position fix?

Many thanks,

Chris Skeels