Is Aerobics Dead? Aerobics in Toronto?

Old November 4th 03, 07:32 AM
Mark 2000

Default Is Aerobics Dead? Aerobics in Toronto?

I'm a mid-20s male in Toronto, and I used to be rock solid. I did aerobic
classes a few times a week, and on my off-days, I lifted weights. I got
ripped, I was 21, 145 lb.

Over the past 2-3 years (I am now 25) all my good aerobics and step
instructors have left my club for various reasons. And I search around from
club to club, for aerobics class...in this BIG CITY of 2.1 MILLION...and I
have yet to find anything as good as the instructors' classes that I once
enjoyed. All I see is these "BodyCombat" (tm) things...which are so slow and
set up, compared to traditional aerobics... And I've also tried a community
centre...good luck on those...they're a bit better, but the facilities suck.
No mirrors or anything.

And I'm now 164 lb and my only weapon in the battle is SlimFast shakes.

WHAT CAN I DO? I WANT REAL AEROBICS. DOES IT EXIST? I'm talking 1980s,
legwarmers, Tab Cola, Jane Fonda, co-ordination, synchronization... movies
like Perfect and Heavenly Bodies... This has GOT to still be alive,
somewhere in this world!

Please, provide insight if anyone can.

One instructor of these new "BodyCombat" commercial-style classes says that
hi/lo is indeed dead...for now...but she says that the company that works on
the Body classes (Les Mills Int'l) is working on a hi/lo class slated to be
released next year. I can't wait that long, I AM GETTING FATTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Help... (a once hot and beautiful guy, and now fat sow)

I just can't do track running or stairmasters, I need good old hard core
step and aerobics classes

Reply here and CC Email any ideas. Thanks.

Old November 5th 03, 07:34 AM
Bonnie Forman

In article ,
"Mark 2000" wrote:

snip

I just can't do track running or stairmasters, I need good old hard core
step and aerobics classes

Reply here and CC Email any ideas. Thanks.

www.jazzercise.com

Select the Class Locator link.

Bonnie
Jazzercise Instructor
California
Old November 7th 03, 10:35 AM
Derek Holzhauser

Hi Mark,

Les Mills has a very 80's style high energy class here in Australia, they
call it BodyAttack (see www.lesmills.com)

Hopefully this is what your instructor is talking about, as it sounds
exactly what you are looking for..very high energy...not sure why its not
available in North America or Canada as it has been around for many years.

Good luck, hope you find a class!

Derek

.. .

Old November 7th 03, 01:59 PM
Bob Garrison

"Derek Holzhauser" wrote in message
Hi Mark,

Les Mills has a very 80's style high energy class here in Australia, they
call it BodyAttack (see www.lesmills.com)

"Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be is like
****ting in your pants because that's where your asshole happened to be."
Andreas Prilop

Old November 7th 03, 03:58 PM
Cath

Default Les Mills in Canada?

"Derek Holzhauser" wrote in message
Hi Mark,

Les Mills has a very 80's style high energy class here in Australia, they
call it BodyAttack (see www.lesmills.com)

Hopefully this is what your instructor is talking about, as it sounds
exactly what you are looking for..very high energy...not sure why its not
available in North America or Canada as it has been around for many years.

Good luck, hope you find a class!

Derek

Les Mills programs are available in Canada.but, in general, Canadians don't
like them because the music is awful and the routines are
too...hmmm...routine.

Old November 7th 03, 10:06 PM
Bob Garrison

"Derek Holzhauser" wrote in message
Get over it Bob

Whatever you say ***asshole***.

Old November 8th 03, 01:55 PM
Bob Garrison

"Melstar" wrote in message
Do what I did... become qualified yourself!

Quit top-posting.