Bridge still out ...

Old July 11th 05, 01:18 PM
Andy Crawford

Default Bridge still out ...

Anyone considering Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn) and Stuc a Chroin be aware that
the bridge at Edinample on the south side of Loch Earn - one mile east from
the A85 is still out after the floods during the winter. The access point at
Ardvorlich House is ony accessible from St Fillans along the single track
road!

--
Remove my boots to email me ...
Regards

Old July 11th 05, 01:57 PM
Lindsay

The bridge over the Keltie Water just south of Arivurichardich was also
washed away. This was the southerly approach (from Callander). If
the river is low you will be able to ford it but in spate impossible.
I don't think the farmer appreciates hill walkers so he will be happy
that the bridge has gone and I doubt if he will replace it.
Lindsay.
www.caledoniahilltreks.com

Old July 11th 05, 11:39 PM
Richard Webb

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:18:08 +0100, "Andy Crawford"
wrote:

Anyone considering Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn) and Stuc a Chroin be aware that
the bridge at Edinample on the south side of Loch Earn - one mile east from
the A85 is still out after the floods during the winter. The access point at
Ardvorlich House is ony accessible from St Fillans along the single track
road!

I have heard that it may be a long time before it is repaired, the
budget is not quite up to it.

Richard Webb

Old July 18th 05, 11:21 PM
Phil Cook

wrote:

Anyone considering Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn) and Stuc a Chroin be aware that
the bridge at Edinample on the south side of Loch Earn - one mile east from
the A85 is still out after the floods during the winter. The access point at
Ardvorlich House is ony accessible from St Fillans along the single track
road!

I have heard that it may be a long time before it is repaired, the
budget is not quite up to it.

Can you still get to the parking place on the track just before the
bridge? If you can, was the footbridge at Glenample washed away? Then
to compound the ifs and buts are "they" at Glenample amendable to us
using the track through their curtilage to gain the hill by the Hill
Road in Choire Fhuadaraich?
Old July 19th 05, 09:17 AM
Richard Webb

Can you still get to the parking place on the track just before the
bridge? If you can, was the footbridge at Glenample washed away? Then
to compound the ifs and buts are "they" at Glenample amendable to us
using the track through their curtilage to gain the hill by the Hill
Road in Choire Fhuadaraich?

Traditionally Glenample was the home of gomls of the most dreadful
kind..

Dont know if this is still the case.

Anyone had a run in lately?

Richard Webb

Old July 19th 05, 12:41 PM
Phil Cook

Richard Webb wrote:

Can you still get to the parking place on the track just before the
bridge? If you can, was the footbridge at Glenample washed away? Then
to compound the ifs and buts are "they" at Glenample amendable to us
using the track through their curtilage to gain the hill by the Hill
Road in Choire Fhuadaraich?

Traditionally Glenample was the home of gomls of the most dreadful
kind..

Dont know if this is still the case.

Anyone had a run in lately?

When I was up there in February 2003 a chap in a Landrover met me on
the walk in and he asked me whether I was going onto Ben Our as they
would be going there for the hinds. He seemed quite happy for me to
take the Hill Road to make a circuit of the two Munros.