Good NAAFA quotes

Old July 17th 03, 12:23 AM
Lady Veteran

Default Good NAAFA quotes

Hi all. This is Bobbi Sanchez, better known to the usenet world as the *real* Lady Veteran. I collected some good quotes
from the NAAFA (National Association to Advance FAT Acceptance) web site that I thought people would be interested in. Here
they a

"Sure. I could use a golf cart. Sure would beat the heck out of walking down to the park to feed the birds. And I could
strap on a radio to it and listen to a little Michael Bolton. That would be great if you could help me out with one of those
F2F."

"I am having a terrible time finding a toilet seat that holds my weight. I weigh around 400 pounds and have cracked two
wooden seats in the last year. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of a good strong seat that will not crack?"

"I was able to walk from the pool to the lobby of the wellness center a few times last month. A distance of about 200 feet"

"I didn't watch(Response to FOX's Glutton Bowl). It just makes me depressed watching that sort of thing. I just prefer
watching Oprah during the afternoons. Maybe we could write a letter to Oprah about this outrage. I bet she would be our #1
supporter in this cause. God I wish Oprah was here to help us. But I can only wish,.. she hasn't answered any of the letters
I've written in the past."

"The main thing I got tired of with breaking toilet seats all the time, is when I fall into the filthy water. Sometimes it's
not so bad, but other times I've fallen so far back that I can't pull myself back up and I have to just sit there and wait.
So I have a rope that dangles from the ceiling in front, just in case this happens again. People who come over always ask me
what the rope is for, and it's embarrassing to tell them, but it sure helps alot. It's a bit of a struggle, but it's alot
better than having my roommate bust down the door to help me back up."

"My husband and I want to have a baby once he is finished with school. I am interested in midwife attended home or birthing
center birth, but I am afraid that it may not be a viable option at my size (5'10" 370 lbs)."

"I am 5'6'' and 250 lbs. I am 28 years old. I consider myself healthy--Heck, I'm a videographer and I run around with camera
equipment all day."

"Hi! Im looking for church and casual wear, used and cheap. I need them large as i weigh 500lbs, Im in california and can
pay shipping. Thanks."

"i think that this proves that trying to lose weight is not a good thing, fat is better and you should learn to appreciate
that you are fat"

"Dieting can kill you. Seriously!"

"I weigh 184 kg, think it's around 350-400 pounds and I'm expecting a baby this december"

"I have had 3 babies! My last baby, born almost a year ago. I am 5'10 and weighed about 400 pounds when I had him. He
weighed 10 pounds 12 ounces... WOW! Now, I had some complications with diabetes and high blood pressure during my pregnancy.
Also, all three of my children were born by c-section. "

"I'm a big-boned male looking to shed a few pounds. Recently, I've been walking on the treadmill for about 10 minutes a day.
After that, I like to sit down in front of my TV and eat prunes"

LV

Lady Veteran

"I rode a tank and held a general's rank
when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
- -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
Support bacteria - they're the only culture
some people have." -Stephen Wright