A Fitness & exercise forum. FitnessBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FitnessBanter.com forum » Fitness & Exercise » Weights
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Steroid question, newbie



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 9th 06, 01:41 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default Steroid question, newbie


Hey group, im considering using steroids, and im looking for some
advice.

Im 29 years old male, 5'10, 240 lbs. Ive done a significant amount of
weight training etc in my life, but have been away from it for the last
4-5 years. Right now my bodyfat is pretty high,when im in shape im
anywhere from 175-200 lbs depending on muscle and fat.
Ive never done steroids, but i am in an amotiovated state and am having
trouble getting going with workout/diet. My bodyfat is fairly
high,although i have a big frame. ive only been weight training for
about 1-2 months, first time in a long time. Im considering doing some
testosterone cypoinate for 7 weeks,followed by hcg,also using some
armour thyroid during the cycle. Ill also be using some arimidex to
prevent aromatization.
Im looking to "speed up" my fitness goals. Its very important i be in
good shape for the spring.
My main goals is to build muscle,and lose fat until im below 195. So i
need to lose about 40-50 fat,plus gain muscle.
Im not looking to get huge muscle-wise, just solid. I will be doing
more bodyweight exercises,and hitting the heavy bag plus cardio. Of
course i will still do free weights,but my goal is not bodybuilding,or
getting bulked up.
Ive heard testosterone can help with fat loss,as long as you eat right.
btw, I have a good source for the gear, good quality, good deal. It
very important that i get in shape,within a limited time frame of 4
months.
In your opinion, does this sound like a good idea? Any suggestions?

  #2  
Old November 9th 06, 01:42 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 193
Default Steroid question, newbie


wrote:

In your opinion, does this sound like a good idea? Any suggestions?


no and no.

  #4  
Old November 9th 06, 02:29 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default Steroid question, newbie


Stu wrote:
wrote:
Ive never done steroids, but i am in an amotiovated state and am having
trouble getting going with workout/diet. My bodyfat is fairly


You think steroids are going to help with the motivation? You need to
get that right first.
Train hard, eat right, lose the fat, then reassess.


Thx for the response, Stu. I have developed alot of probs in the last 5
years, and I am kind of desperate. Depression etc. Isnt it possible the
gear will help me get more energized, more motivated,have a better
sense of well being?



high,although i have a big frame. ive only been weight training for
about 1-2 months, first time in a long time. Im considering doing some


1-2 months?
After a 4-5 year layoff?
You need to hit the gym hard for the next 12 months, then think about
it.


Well, ive done some exercise and weight training as recently as 2 years
ago,but it was on and off, i was not dedicated.
Have you ever heard of steroids/supplements being used like this, to
"jumpstart"?
Are they wasted if you take them when you are out of shape, but
training?


Im looking to "speed up" my fitness goals. Its very important i be in
good shape for the spring.


So you've got about 16 weeks. You can lose 30 pounds in that time if
you train hard.
What's the big rush anyway?


Yes, I know that. I was hoping i would get advanced gains with the
gear. Maybe lose 40 lbs plus put on some extra muscle. It would help
with workout recovery, for sure.
Isnt it true that testosterone supplementation can help with weight
loss? Especially cypoinate as opposed to bulking steroids like deca?

What if i just got a bunch of clenbuterol, and armour thyroid, nothing
else- is that a better idea?

  #5  
Old November 9th 06, 03:04 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Stu
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 61
Default Steroid question, newbie

wrote:
Thx for the response, Stu. I have developed alot of probs in the last 5
years, and I am kind of desperate. Depression etc. Isnt it possible the


If you're suffering with depression I wouldn't recommend screwing
around with your body chemistry... I'd recommend cognitive behavioural
therapy.

The fact that you're wanting to get into shape is a good thing. Lack of
motivation probably comes from your depression. A change in your
thought processes and getting active is going to help and is where you
should start.

Or you could try steroids, and get disappointed (and more depressed)
when you don't get the gains that you expect because you don't know
enough yet... and then **** up your post cycle therapy and end up with
your natural test coming back verry slowly, thus worsening your
depression and putting you back behind where you started.

No, you are going to be FAR better mentally and physically to start
training, and watching your diet. Use positive affirmations and
encourage yourself. As you lose the fat and start looking better,
you'll be more encouraged and more motivated... and start feeling a lot
better about yourself.

Have you ever heard of steroids/supplements being used like this, to
"jumpstart"?


Not wise.

Are they wasted if you take them when you are out of shape, but
training?


IMHO, yes.

Yes, I know that. I was hoping i would get advanced gains with the
gear. Maybe lose 40 lbs plus put on some extra muscle. It would help
with workout recovery, for sure.


You don't need it.

When you've lost 30 pounds by spring, you're going to be looking a LOT
better. By the end of spring you could be looking very hard... training
properly, eating properly, and THEN you'll be ready to add more mass if
that's what you want.

Isnt it true that testosterone supplementation can help with weight
loss? Especially cypoinate as opposed to bulking steroids like deca?

What if i just got a bunch of clenbuterol, and armour thyroid, nothing
else- is that a better idea?


While you're training hard over the next 12 months, you can be doing
LOTS of research. Then any decisions you make will be informed ones.


Stu

  #6  
Old November 9th 06, 04:51 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,888
Default Steroid question, newbie

Stu wrote:
[...]

If you're suffering with depression I wouldn't recommend screwing
around with your body chemistry... I'd recommend cognitive behavioural
therapy.

The fact that you're wanting to get into shape is a good thing. Lack of
motivation probably comes from your depression. A change in your
thought processes and getting active is going to help and is where you
should start.

Or you could try steroids, and get disappointed (and more depressed)
when you don't get the gains that you expect because you don't know
enough yet...


[...]

Not that I disagree with your analysis, however I am curious about your
background. On what do you base your assumptions or your opinion wrt to
the OP and AAS?

--
Curt

  #7  
Old November 9th 06, 04:57 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Stu
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 61
Default Steroid question, newbie

Curt wrote:
Not that I disagree with your analysis, however I am curious about your
background. On what do you base your assumptions or your opinion wrt to
the OP and AAS?


Which bits?

  #8  
Old November 9th 06, 05:24 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,888
Default Steroid question, newbie

Stu wrote:
Curt wrote:
Not that I disagree with your analysis, however
I am curious about your background. On what
do you base your assumptions or your opinion
wrt to the OP and AAS?


Which bits?


I think "wrt to the OP and AAS?" was fairly direct. (Although, dammit,
that "wrt to" ****es me off. i HATE when I do that.)

But, hey, more specifically as it relates to "Which bits?" I'll say...
all of it.

"If you're suffering with depression I wouldn't recommend screwing
around with your body chemistry... I'd recommend cognitive behavioural
therapy.

The fact that you're wanting to get into shape is a good thing. Lack of
motivation probably comes from your depression. A change in your
thought processes and getting active is going to help and is where you
should start.

Or you could try steroids, and get disappointed (and more depressed)
when you don't get the gains that you expect because you don't know
enough yet... and then **** up your post cycle therapy and end up with
your natural test coming back verry slowly, thus worsening your
depression and putting you back behind where you started.

No, you are going to be FAR better mentally and physically to start
training, and watching your diet. Use positive affirmations and
encourage yourself. As you lose the fat and start looking better,
you'll be more encouraged and more motivated... and start feeling a lot
better about yourself.

Have you ever heard of steroids/supplements being used like this, to
"jumpstart"?


Not wise.

Are they wasted if you take them when you are out of shape, but
training?


IMHO, yes.

Yes, I know that. I was hoping i would get advanced gains with the
gear. Maybe lose 40 lbs plus put on some extra muscle. It would help
with workout recovery, for sure.


You don't need it.

When you've lost 30 pounds by spring, you're going to be looking a LOT
better. By the end of spring you could be looking very hard... training
properly, eating properly, and THEN you'll be ready to add more mass if
that's what you want.

Isnt it true that testosterone supplementation can help with weight
loss? Especially cypoinate as opposed to bulking steroids like deca?


What if i just got a bunch of clenbuterol, and armour thyroid, nothing
else- is that a better idea?


While you're training hard over the next 12 months, you can be doing
LOTS of research. Then any decisions you make will be informed ones.

Stu"
/copy and paste

People suffering with depression are found "screwing around" with their
body chemistry all the time. Alcohol, drugs - both prescription and
otherwise, diet... would there be an et cetera in there somewhere?

How can you recommend cognitive behavioural therapy without knowing
more? Or would you recommend therapy for everyone? (Probably not a bad
idea.)

When you say a "change in your thought processes" will be a boon, how
do you assess that change? That cognitive behavioural therapy going to
do the trick or are you offering the OP a bit of general "Hey, cheer
up!"-type of encouragement?

I'd like to know your background about the bits, as you say, re
steroids. Does AAS use typically disappoint users and then lead to
greater levels of depression? Again, what's your background to make
such a judgment? I'm interested in what makes your opinion worthwhile.
Steroid use linked to depression?

And, yes, you state that the OP should use "positive affirmations" in
an effort to encourage himself. Someone clinically depressed would
benefit from the whole SNL "I'm good enough" routine? WONDERING IS ALL!
TAKE NO OFFENSE, PLEASE!

Anywho. What IS your background that allows you to say it's not wise to
use steroids and/or supps to "jumpstart" physical improvement?

Likewise taking AAS when you're out of shape, but training. Who says?
Who are... you?

Regardless of my curiosity wrt your background, I do agree with your
opinion that the OP would do well to train hard over the next 12 months
while performing that "LOTS of research."

--
Curt

  #9  
Old November 9th 06, 06:13 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Stu
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 61
Default Steroid question, newbie

Curt wrote:
People suffering with depression are found "screwing around" with their
body chemistry all the time. Alcohol, drugs - both prescription and
otherwise, diet... would there be an et cetera in there somewhere?


True. But adding exogenous test isn't a good idea unless you know what
you're doing, and then it would also be prudent to get regular blood
work done.

How can you recommend cognitive behavioural therapy without knowing
more? Or would you recommend therapy for everyone? (Probably not a bad


Well, definitely in your case Curt... :-) And a six-pack doesn't count
as therapy (dammit!).

That paragraph was speaking more as a general philosophy if you like,
not as a specific recommendation. Ie, I meant working on the root of
the problem. At any rate, CGT is widely used in the treatment of
depression. (Then again so is test if low test is the problem... at age
29 I assume that's not the OP's problem though... I guess I also assume
he's seen a medical specialist...)

do the trick or are you offering the OP a bit of general "Hey, cheer
up!"-type of encouragement?


No...

steroids. Does AAS use typically disappoint users and then lead to
greater levels of depression? Again, what's your background to make


Don't read too much into what I wrote. Also note I used the word
"could".
If you don't know what you're doing and your training and diet aren't
up to scratch, then you're not going to see the max benefit of AAS...
hence possible disappointment... which, if the OP is suffering from
depression, could have a big negative impact... self esteem
ramifications, etc. I'm not saying that would definitely happen, but
it's a risk.

Steroid use linked to depression?


There's potential for ending up with very repressed natural test
production... low test can cause depression.

And, yes, you state that the OP should use "positive affirmations" in
an effort to encourage himself.


Only because it works. The mind is a very powerful thing.

Someone clinically depressed would
benefit from the whole SNL "I'm good enough" routine? WONDERING IS ALL!


SNL?

Anyway, it depends on how severe the depression is... and yes, I'm
making an assumption from what the OP said... Ie, he's starting to
train again and wants to improve his appearance, so there's some
motivation there.

What I was saying, in essence, is this: Little by little, improve your
training and diet. As you make gains (strength, fat loss, improved
appearance, etc) focus on those positives and use them for as further
motivation.


Anywho. What IS your background that allows you to say it's not wise to
use steroids and/or supps to "jumpstart" physical improvement?


For the same reason it's not wise to start a fat loss program with
liposuction.
You need to develop a strong foundation of nutrition and training
first.

IMHO. :-)


Stu

  #10  
Old November 9th 06, 06:42 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,888
Default OT: An MFW Example (was Steroid question, newbie)

Stu wrote:
Curt wrote:
People suffering with depression are found "screwing around" with their
body chemistry all the time. Alcohol, drugs - both prescription and
otherwise, diet... would there be an et cetera in there somewhere?


True. But adding exogenous test isn't a good idea unless you know what
you're doing, and then it would also be prudent to get regular blood
work done.


I know jack squat about AAS, however I've taken some serious drugs,
well, one - Accutane - and, yep, regular blood work was in order. I
imagine the same would be wise so far as steroid use is concerned.

How can you recommend cognitive behavioural therapy without knowing
more? Or would you recommend therapy for everyone? (Probably not a bad


Well, definitely in your case Curt... :-)


No doubt.

And a six-pack doesn't count as therapy (dammit!).


I know people who'd happily argue that point. Especially if you're
commenting on the Budweiser variation.

That paragraph was speaking more as a general philosophy if you like,
not as a specific recommendation. Ie, I meant working on the root of
the problem. At any rate, CGT is widely used in the treatment of
depression. (Then again so is test if low test is the problem... at age
29 I assume that's not the OP's problem though... I guess I also assume
he's seen a medical specialist...)

do the trick or are you offering the OP a bit of general "Hey, cheer
up!"-type of encouragement?


No...

steroids. Does AAS use typically disappoint users and then lead to
greater levels of depression? Again, what's your background to make


Don't read too much into what I wrote. Also note I used the word
"could".
If you don't know what you're doing and your training and diet aren't
up to scratch, then you're not going to see the max benefit of AAS...
hence possible disappointment... which, if the OP is suffering from
depression, could have a big negative impact... self esteem
ramifications, etc. I'm not saying that would definitely happen, but
it's a risk.

Steroid use linked to depression?


There's potential for ending up with very repressed natural test
production... low test can cause depression.

And, yes, you state that the OP should use "positive affirmations" in
an effort to encourage himself.


Only because it works. The mind is a very powerful thing.

Someone clinically depressed would
benefit from the whole SNL "I'm good enough" routine? WONDERING IS ALL!


SNL?


The Saturday Night Live skits with the therapy guy, "I'm good enough,"
etc., etc.

Anyway, it depends on how severe the depression is... and yes, I'm
making an assumption from what the OP said... Ie, he's starting to
train again and wants to improve his appearance, so there's some
motivation there.

What I was saying, in essence, is this: Little by little, improve your
training and diet. As you make gains (strength, fat loss, improved
appearance, etc) focus on those positives and use them for as further
motivation.

Anywho. What IS your background that allows you to say it's not wise to
use steroids and/or supps to "jumpstart" physical improvement?


For the same reason it's not wise to start a fat loss program with
liposuction.
You need to develop a strong foundation of nutrition and training
first.

IMHO. :-)


You still didn't offer any info re your background as it relates to
offering AAS, therapy, etc. advice, but everything you offer certainly
makes good horse or common sense, imo. And I admire the fact that you
replied in a civil manner, with humor and intelligence.

Thank you for your example.

LEARN SOMETHING, WILLIAMS, YOU DISAGREEABLE BITCH!

Oh. Wait. What I meant to say was...

No, that was it. Yes.

Stu


--
Curt

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swimming book recommendation (Newbie question) Marc Swimming 3 July 29th 05 05:01 AM
newbie question on muscle growth Rick Weights 4 July 5th 05 05:36 PM
QUESTION : Best Unprescribed Steroid To Buy ???????? Bugsy Weights 2 April 8th 05 01:36 AM
Steroid Question WaLDo420 Weights 2 March 23rd 05 05:42 AM
A newbie question about weight loss - please help! grubas Weights 18 April 9th 04 04:22 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FitnessBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.