Interview with Anton Krupicka

Old January 28th 10, 05:06 AM posted to rec.running,uk.rec.running
Doug Freese

Default Interview with Anton Krupicka

"John Hurley" wrote in message
On Jan 27, 8:28 pm, Charlie Pendejo wrote:

Using me as a specific case is a weak argument but it seems like a

fairly typical pattern among many of the runners I know.

I think your both correct but will add some additional variables - a
wife and kids. If someone like Chuck is single he is only responsible
to himself with his spare time. Before and after work, he can do as he
pleases. Wanna bet Donovan isn't running 70-90 a week?

When my kids were young I would run before work in the dark for a hour
or so then help the kids get on the bus or drive them to school and then
get my ass to work. When I got home I would be around to help the kids
with homework or to be a good hubby/father. You don't stay married for
too long if you come home, eat and then out the door for another run and
then to bed. If nothing else, you won't have any more kids.

I had a 1/2 day Saturday to get my long run in and I would often crank
out 3 or more hour runs and I was only doing marathons at the time.

So yes, fast or slow, there are many out there doing 3 hour long runs.

-D

Old January 28th 10, 12:53 PM posted to rec.running,uk.rec.running
Doug Freese

"Parker Race" wrote in message
Then add a wife who is also a competitive runner!
I remember two of your group who don;t have children discussing how
difficult it was negotiating the time to run with their spouses. I
tried to explain that this was not a big deal compared to adding
children to the mix. They didn't seem to get it .

They didn't want to get it, if "it" was offspring. Rational thoughts as
I ponder the issue today!

As for our choice in brides, well, it is what it is and any further
statements and I'll end up with the fish.

Califonia Quarry Road is still one steep MF'er. What a reminder of the
need to add some hiking.

-D

OT Interview Killer Weights 0 August 17th 08 06:45 AM
Walking around St Anton Austria. Maps needed. EddyStone Walking in the UK 3 May 10th 07 09:36 PM
Interview with Jurek Doug Freese Running 15 February 24th 07 07:54 PM
Lynn Cox Audio Interview Al Swimming 6 February 11th 04 02:24 PM
Arnold's Oui Interview ATP Weights 18 September 10th 03 01:49 PM