Specifically, what type of rotator cuff injury does this sound like

Old December 18th 04, 08:54 PM

Default Specifically, what type of rotator cuff injury does this sound like

When going to catch, say, a football, that I have to jump very high for
and use only my outstretched left arm to catch (i.e., one-handed
catch), if the ball is thrown hard, it will hurt like hell in the
shoulder/rotator cuff area as the ball hits the hand. I can also get
the same sore feeling if I raise my arm up as high as I can and THEN
push against it, say, against the top of a door frame. It does not
hurt very much at all, though, simply to raise my arm or to do much
else honestly. It does give one distinct pop though when I rotate the
arm in a circle. However, with other types of exercises it will give
"crackle" of pops instead of just one. So I guess my question is what
type of injury might this be and what specific types of rotator cuff
exercises might I try to add or stay away from? Thanks.