Hey all you music fans (and fellow runners ofcourse!)

Old December 6th 04, 07:51 PM
natandrews

Default Hey all you music fans (and fellow runners ofcourse!)

While I'm not an avid poster, I'm definitely an avid reader of this
group, I'm currently training for a half-marathon in AZ, it's my first
and I'm nervous but just hope to make it!
Anyway, I'm a journalism student at USU and writing an article about
the use of music in exercise.
If anyone can answer the following, maybe get a little discussion
going, you would help me a lot!
What kind of music do you listen to when running?
Why do you listen to music when running?
It's been said that listening to music while running outdoors is
dangerous, anyone's views for or against that?

Also, the marathon I'm doing is the Rock & Roll Race and there will be
over 50 live bands playing along the sidelines as we run. Has anyone
ever been in a race like that? Did it help you or hinder you? Please
provide the race's name and URL if possible.

Thanks, I know this is a lot to ask, but remember when you were (or
still are) are a starving student?
Wish me luck! On this and the half marathon!
-Natalie

Old December 7th 04, 02:45 AM
FabulustRunner

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DO NOT DO THIS THREAD AGAIN! I WILL GO ****ING INSANE!!!!!