Hmmm...

Old April 3rd 14, 03:49 PM posted to rec.running
Tim Daneliuk

Default Hmmm...

On 04/03/2014 03:41 AM, thang ornerythinchus wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/too-much...-studies-find/

We're all some complex combination of nurture/nature/behavior. More
importantly, correlation and cause are not the same thing.

It's raining out today ... I think I'll skip my run :P
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Old April 3rd 14, 07:05 PM posted to rec.running
Tim+

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 04/03/2014 03:41 AM, thang ornerythinchus wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/too-much...-studies-find/

We're all some complex combination of nurture/nature/behavior. More
importantly, correlation and cause are not the same thing.

It's raining out today ... I think I'll skip my run :P

More on the same theme. It's something to think about for sure...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/we...ch-killing-you

Tim
Old April 18th 14, 10:32 PM posted to rec.running
Jos Bergervoet[_2_]

On 4/17/2014 9:49 PM, Ed Prochak wrote:
On Thursday, April 3, 2014 9:49:09 AM UTC-4, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 04/03/2014 03:41 AM, thang ornerythinchus wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/too-much...-studies-find/

We're all some complex combination of nurture/nature/behavior. More
importantly, correlation and cause are not the same thing.

One thing I noticed is that this is a self reporting study. So,
are the results skewed by some percentage of low/no mileage
runners that present themselves as high mileage?

I've also read studies that claim the opposite: running fast
would give rise to "time dilatation". But that meant that the
actual lap-times would be clocked *higher* than on your own
watch. This seems rather unfair for fast runners!

It must be some form of communism. People claiming these
things called themselves "relativists".

--
Jos