cramps cramps cramps

Old December 5th 04, 10:51 PM
Triman9

Default cramps cramps cramps

22 miles cramps - to all over spasms - run through till 24 mile run out of the
cramping but have lost much time through those 2 miles. Don't understand how it
happens and / or why? Did the training...did the hydrating...salt
supliments...gu's...accelerade...race boost...carbo loaded...you name it ...I
did it. Twice this year with the same results. I am open for any suggestions.
Thanks Raymond

Old December 6th 04, 02:02 AM
Dan Stumpus

Triman9 wrote:

22 miles cramps - to all over spasms - run through till 24 mile run
out of the cramping but have lost much time through those 2 miles.
Don't understand how it happens and / or why? Did the training...did
the hydrating...salt supliments...gu's...accelerade...race
boost...carbo loaded...you name it ...I did it. Twice this year with
the same results. I am open for any suggestions. Thanks Raymond

I fought cramps for a couple of years. I thought I drank plenty, until I
weighed myself before and after some races, and found that I'd lost 7-9 lbs.

Bring a scale to your next race, you might be surprised at the weight loss.
You need to finish within a couple of lbs of your starting weight for
optimal performance.

I learned that I need to drink 35-60 oz/hour when racing, depending on the
weather, much more than the average Joe. Many of the folks who I finish
with can run a long race in the sun and drink only 24 oz/hour, and they
don't cramp. I'm not one of them, and chances are you are not either.

Salt needs to be coordinated with drinking, too. I use succeed caps, dosage
is 1 capsule per 20-30 oz of sports drink taken.

If you carry sports drink with you, you can often resolve the cramping very
quickly by downing a bottle or bottle and a half, along with a Succeed tab.
This does the trick for me mid-race, and the cramps subside within a couple
of minutes. (I race ultras lasting from 5 - 9 hours).

-- Dan

Old December 6th 04, 02:09 AM
Bethowmuch

pms maybe
Old December 6th 04, 04:05 AM
FabulustRunner

Triman9 wrote:

22 miles cramps - to all over spasms - run through till 24 mile run
out of the cramping but have lost much time through those 2 miles.
Don't understand how it happens and / or why? Did the training...did
the hydrating...salt supliments...gu's...accelerade...race
boost...carbo loaded...you name it ...I did it. Twice this year with
the same results. I am open for any suggestions. Thanks Raymond

Will someone please tell Ray-Ray that he just ran it too fast?
Old December 6th 04, 04:00 PM
Miss Anne Thrope

It's the jogging. Have you ever noticed how the cramps subside shortly
after you finish jogging? You're like a chain smoker who can't seem to
figure out why his lungs are filled with cancer.

Cramps, calipers, and cweeries M. Zaiem Beg Weights 2 July 20th 04 12:36 AM
Cramps while running? Trigger Fish Running 0 April 6th 04 12:57 AM
swimming Gandalf Swimming 26 November 18th 03 01:56 AM
leg and toe cramps susan Swimming 3 September 8th 03 07:31 PM
Cramps during swimming!! Steve Freides Triathalon 6 July 9th 03 01:58 AM