4mm drop

Old March 26th 14, 05:48 AM posted to rec.running
rms[_2_]

Default 4mm drop

Seriously, can anyone tell the difference between 4mm and 0mm drop in
shoes? That's less than 1/4 inch.

Actually this just came up for me. I've been used to 4mm in shoes like
Hokas or MT110, then tried a skechers gobionic trail, which is zerodrop with
an optional 4mm heel insole. At zero I got slight achilles twinges on
longer daily runs, none with the insole. With the ~2mm drop topo athletic
MT-T, I had very sore calves after a recent 50k. So when trying the
zerodrop altra olympus for a 50M, I made sure to put in the skechers 4mm
insole, and had no calf/achilles issues. Use some caution with zero drop
shoes and try to get some 4mm insoles. I'd like to buy those skechers
insoles separately, as they are very light and take up little room inside
the shoe.

rms

how to drop fat in target areas? Rob Weights 31 January 7th 06 05:48 PM
Drop 2lbs from my frame [email protected] Weights 3 September 8th 05 03:19 AM
deadlifts - have to drop the bar? weaklingX Weights 9 September 16th 04 09:03 PM
Time drop DaKitty Swimming 19 November 19th 03 03:16 PM
Drop Snatches dogsbody Weights 1 October 5th 03 01:34 AM