Training week ending May 4 2014

Old May 4th 14, 10:10 PM posted to rec.running
rms[_2_]

Default Training week ending May 4 2014

Greetings wreck runners: Please tell us about your training week and
goals!

Valles Caldera marathon, 4:23
http://www.highaltitudeathletics.org/caldera/index.htm about 20min better
than a couple years ago, though on a slightly different course. Since aid
stations were so close together in this race, I abandoned my last race's
fueling strategy of carrying baggies full of an hour's worth of Tailwind,
for just drinking the aid station heed & gels, which was probably a mistake,
as unlike the cramp-free experience then I had significant lower-leg cramps
the last ten miles which slowed me down quite a bit. The course is
gorgeous, with wooded fire roads, open grasslands, steep climbs and
descents, and a hummocky cross-country single-track section. Also new was
wearing a pair of Nike Wildhorse shoes that I'd bought the day before (yeah
another mistake!), which did exhibit a certain lack of either stiffness in
the forefoot or arch support -- which I've experienced in a couple other
shoes -- that irritates the metatarsal heads. Today though, my feet feel
good, and I'm excited to wear them again, perhaps with the superfeet black
insoles I've used in the past. A good day, and I even avoided getting
chicked, though not by much as 1st female finished close behind!

rms

Old May 7th 14, 09:15 AM posted to rec.running
Bart Mathias

On Sun, 4 May 2014 14:10:53 -0600
"rms" wrote:

[...]

Congratulations on what sounds like a very satisfactory run.

But I remember days when having a female in *front* of me made it a lot easier to run.
--
Bart Mathias