I broke the sound barrier!

Old March 29th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.running
determined

Default I broke the sound barrier!

No, not really. But it felt like it! I ran 2 miles today in 19 minutes.
Ok, it was flat, and maybe I had a tail wind, but still! I have been
averaging 11 minute miles, so for me this was a pretty big milestone! It
didn't even feel that hard. And it wasn't such a long time ago (january)
that running at ANY speed for a whole mile seemed like such a far off goal.
I'm really stoked. Things are starting to click.

Old March 29th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.running
userfriendly

"determined" wrote in message
: No, not really. But it felt like it! I ran 2 miles today in 19 minutes.
: Ok, it was flat, and maybe I had a tail wind, but still! I have been
: averaging 11 minute miles, so for me this was a pretty big milestone! It
: didn't even feel that hard. And it wasn't such a long time ago (january)
: that running at ANY speed for a whole mile seemed like such a far off
goal.
: I'm really stoked. Things are starting to click.
:
That's AWESOME! Many of us can remember the "firsts" and the incredible
feeling of accomplishment that goes with it. I hope you live off that
feeling for the rest of the week. You're improving. Your body was made to
run and it's adapting to the training. Way to go!!!

- Brian

Old March 29th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.running
Elflord

On 2007-03-29, determined wrote:

Told ya not to eat oatmeal before a run, didn't I ?

Cheers,
--
Elflord
Old March 29th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.running
determined

On 2007-03-29, determined wrote:

Told ya not to eat oatmeal before a run, didn't I ?

It's the protein powder you have to watch out for...

Old March 29th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.running
D Stumpus

"determined" wrote

No, not really. But it felt like it! I ran 2 miles today in 19 minutes.
Ok, it was flat, and maybe I had a tail wind, but still! I have been
averaging 11 minute miles, so for me this was a pretty big milestone! It
didn't even feel that hard.

Looks like you're getting some effect from your first "speed workout" (the
race). If I've been running steady pace only, then do a faster run or race,
I notice a pickup a couple of days later.

Congrats.

Old March 30th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.running
Black Metal Martha

On Mar 29, 12:10 pm, "D Stumpus" wrote:
"determined" wrote

No, not really. But it felt like it! I ran 2 miles today in 19 minutes.
Ok, it was flat, and maybe I had a tail wind, but still! I have been
averaging 11 minute miles, so for me this was a pretty big milestone! It
didn't even feel that hard.

Looks like you're getting some effect from your first "speed workout" (the
race). If I've been running steady pace only, then do a faster run or race,
I notice a pickup a couple of days later.

Congrats.

I love my speed workouts. This morning, I ran fartleks at around 7
min. mile pace. Felt great. My mid-pace is now around 8.5-9 min miles.

After my illness last week, it feels awesome to get back into my
regular runs.

Next week, I'm going to Oslo for vacation, and I'm really looking
forward to having a whole different place to run.

Old March 30th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.running
D Stumpus

"Black Metal Martha" wrote

I love my speed workouts. This morning, I ran fartleks at around 7
min. mile pace. Felt great. My mid-pace is now around 8.5-9 min miles.

Interesting. My 1-2 minute fartlek pace is a bit sub-6, but my easy days
are around 9 min/miles. Probably has something to do with my weekly
mileage.

I guess this means I could barely keep up with you on my recovery days ;-)

Old March 30th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.running
rick++

Well, please fix it then.
Thats why its been so loud lately :-)

Old March 30th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.running
rick++

I think you starting to experience what some call runners high.
One manifestation is a feeling of effortlessness and well being
while exercising hard.

Old March 30th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.running
Al Bundy

On Mar 29, 12:22 pm, "determined" wrote:
No, not really. But it felt like it! I ran 2 miles today in 19 minutes.
Ok, it was flat, and maybe I had a tail wind, but still! I have been
averaging 11 minute miles, so for me this was a pretty big milestone! It
didn't even feel that hard. And it wasn't such a long time ago (january)
that running at ANY speed for a whole mile seemed like such a far off goal.
I'm really stoked. Things are starting to click.

May you have many more such rewarding experiences. This is a time to
step back and consolidate your gains. You need to recover with easy
miles, not speed miles. The euphoria you experience puts you in prime
time for injury.

PS. To DF. Do your own research.

I broke my elbow and am in a cast- can I still run, or what exercise can I do? [email protected] Weights 2 July 30th 06 06:35 AM
Sur ~ | ~ Sound Twittering One Running 0 January 24th 05 07:31 PM
treadmill question: creaking/cracking sound Lil Running 6 January 10th 05 02:33 AM
If it ain't broke ... 4precious Swimming 6 November 5th 04 07:05 AM
More sound advice henry b morgenstern Running 9 January 27th 04 06:11 PM