Ouzo pro...?

Old May 26th 04, 09:09 AM
Steve

Default Ouzo pro...?

Hi folks,

I;ve just got my stuff transferred over to NZ from the UK, and have
found that our delightful moving company have managed to snap the forks
on my Softride ( sorry Craig! ).

Given that it's a 1 inch steerer, and a 650c wheelset, is there a better
replacement than the Reynolds Ouzo Pro out there???

Cheers,

Steve
Old May 26th 04, 02:37 PM
rtk

Steve wrote:

Hi folks,

I;ve just got my stuff transferred over to NZ from the UK, and have
found that our delightful moving company have managed to snap the forks
on my Softride ( sorry Craig! ).

Given that it's a 1 inch steerer, and a 650c wheelset, is there a better
replacement than the Reynolds Ouzo Pro out there???

Craig Calfee? Are you out there? I'm still totally happy with my 2
Tetras. Your bike is the best.

(I'm sure Softride is okay, too, Steve.)

Ruth Kazez

Old May 27th 04, 09:06 PM
IMKen

If they invoked enough energy to snap off the fork I would be a bit
concerned about the frame and head tube weld.

Ken

Old May 28th 04, 09:53 AM
Steve

"Steve" wrote in message

Hi folks,

I;ve just got my stuff transferred over to NZ from the UK, and have
found that our delightful moving company have managed to snap the forks
on my Softride ( sorry Craig! ).

Given that it's a 1 inch steerer, and a 650c wheelset, is there a better
replacement than the Reynolds Ouzo Pro out there???

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Ken,

it looks like it was a sideways blow... from the sofa, which has a hole
in it! The fork's snapped on the inside about 2/3rds of the way up, and
the steerer is in perfect condition. As the frame's a Softride, it's
pretty strong in that area!

It's a crying shame to see an otherwise pristing set of Ouzo pro aero
forks in this condition ):

Cheers,

Steve