What did the Lawsuit 4 have to gain?

Old June 7th 04, 06:55 PM
JJ Waguespack

Default What did the Lawsuit 4 have to gain?

What did the Lawsuit 4 have to gain?

One of the troubling questions that the election lawsuit has brought up
is what did the 4 complaintants have to gain. One of the 4, Jack Weiss,
won his election so although he probably figures he'll win again he
still runs the risk of a backlash vote if his suit is seen as being
politically motivated. The other 3, Buxton, Duke, & Vigorito, despite
getting the new election they sued for, didn't even care enough about
their "win" to bother collecting their 30 signatures and throwing their
hats back in the ring. So they sued for a new election that together
with the suit and election will wind up costing the members of USAT an
estimated $200,000 to $300,000 and none of them benefits by the new
election. So what was their real motivation?
Did they sue for election reform? The election process is essentially
unchanged from the last 10 years and some of these people have been
elected several times previously under the process they're suing against
and it was never an issue when they were in power to change it. In fact,
non other than Steve Locke himself was defending the process as recently
as October of 2003.
"Given our history and all these factors a majority of the Board
believed the probability of abuse is extremely low, adopted the
methodology for 2003 as covered by the Rules of Engagement and, will
seek to adopt secure on-line voting for next year which will address
your concerns." (www.pem-usa.com/USAT/nevin-email.html)

So, do they have a motive they won't admit to!!!

Let's ask the hard question. Why would you risk tens of thousands of
dollars in legal fees on contesting an election you have no intention of
re-entering???

It has been my contention from day one that this lawsuit had one single
purpose and that was to hijack the 2003 elections so that Steve Locke
and his cronies could be returned to power.
Another troubling point is who's paying all the legal fees for the
lawsuit 4. Much has been made about the 200K to 300K you, me and every
other USAT member will ultimately be forced to pay to defend this red
herring lawsuit. So who's paying the freight for the complaintants who
don't even care enough to recontest the election they fought so hard to
get by way of a hand picked USOC panel? As the truth has unfolded YOU
are! Or at least that's the plan of the lawsuit 4 and their kingpin
Locke. It's very simple, get me back in power and I'll see to it that
USAT gets the privledge of paying for both the suit against the legally
sitting board of directors, and the defense of that suit. Just what will
this ultimately cost me and you, just how many annual licenses and one
day fees does that add up to?

Now it's real easy for me to make these allegations as words are cheap,
and it would be real easy to dismiss my words as politically motivated
since I am backing candidates running directly against the Locke/Weiss
machine, so instead of believing me I ask you instead to believe the
words of the lawsuit 4 and their group of conspirators themselves. If
you download the document He
( www.pem-usa.com/USAT/email-thread.pdf )
you will find a document sent to the USOC Blue Ribbon Panel with a
string of emails between the conspirators that essentially lays out the
plan for Steve Locke to return to power and for all USAT members to pay
for the privledge. Very strange that the panel ignored this conspiracy
and went a step further in their decision by not just ordering new
elections, but opening it up to anyone that wanted to throw their hat in
the ring.

JJ Waguespack