Brittle, Dried Out Plastic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 23rd 18, 12:43 PM posted to rec.running
J.B. Wood

Default Brittle, Dried Out Plastic

Hello, all, and my question deals with plastic/rubber materials as used
on athletic shoes and growing brittle with age even with non-use. I
recently unboxed a NOS pair of Etonic running shoes that I purchased
about 15 years ago. After I ran in them a couple of times the plastic
sides and heel split about half way across exposing the inner foam
padding material. Could I have coated/soaked the outer material in
something to prevent or discourage this cracking/splitting? Or is the
material just too dried out to resurrect? (I've had similar issues with
aged/dried out adhesives but this is different.) Thanks for your time
and comment. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail:

Plastic Mold t0l7poo0 Weights 0 December 4th 07 09:06 AM
Rubber muscles and plastic knives? Omelet Weights 4 December 3rd 06 02:44 PM
Softening hardened plastic Juan Moreira Swimming 3 June 15th 06 05:09 PM
Ziplock Plastic Bags Wai-kay Chan Walking in the UK 8 December 18th 04 03:47 PM
Plastic covered pulldown cables Top Spin Weights 1 January 5th 04 12:33 AM