Merry Christmas everyone!

Old December 23rd 03, 06:51 PM
Carole Benton \(Mrs\)

Default Merry Christmas everyone!

May all of you have great celebrations and a festive and fun break from
training! For all of you mad enough to swim in the sea Christmas morning -
good luck!
May 2004 be your best year ever and if you are anywhere near the bottom
right hand corner of the UK then come and visit 1066 Swimmers in
Bexhill/Bodiam
All the best - Carole

Old December 24th 03, 08:53 AM
Liz D

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:51:48 -0000, "Carole Benton \(Mrs\)"
wrote:

May all of you have great celebrations and a festive and fun break from
training! For all of you mad enough to swim in the sea Christmas morning -
good luck!

Except for those of us in the southern hemisphere who think nothing of
swimming on Christmas day.

May 2004 be your best year ever and if you are anywhere near the bottom
right hand corner of the UK then come and visit 1066 Swimmers in
Bexhill/Bodiam
All the best - Carole

Merry Christmas to everyone from me as well.

I took the kids for a swim to a wave pool complex today, turned out to
be the best thing to do on a wet Christmas Eve - it was practically
empty!

Also found a great Christmas present for myself - my favourite Speedo
googles, the Mariner model, in a cool new design - white silicone
straps & eye gaskets with orange rings around the lenses & orange
clips on the straps. I'll look quite the part for my next masters
meet ... until I hit the water.

Have a great Christmas and New Year, and summer break for those Down
Under.

Liz D

Old December 24th 03, 04:11 PM
Nancy Taft

Liz D wrote:

Also found a great Christmas present for myself - my favourite Speedo

googles, the Mariner model, in a cool new design - white silicone
straps & eye gaskets with orange rings around the lenses & orange
clips on the straps. I'll look quite the part for my next masters
meet ... until I hit the water.

I got the same thing in blue trim. Best googles of all time.

Have a great Christmas and New Year, and summer break for those Down
Under.

I've been looking for a job down there. Almost had one last month.

martin

Old December 30th 03, 06:28 AM
M.W. Smith

Al wrote:
I wasn't able to locate the Mariner model on the speedo

website - can
you point me in the right direction? Decent goggles have been my Holy
Grail for many years now...

This is not the Mariner model, I guess, but it is the one I
have. It looks like it anyway:

http://www.kastawayswimwear.com/prod...19&pf%5Fid=219

martin

Old December 30th 03, 08:30 PM
Liz D

"M.W. Smith" wrote in message ...
Al wrote:
I wasn't able to locate the Mariner model on the speedo

website - can
you point me in the right direction? Decent goggles have been my Holy
Grail for many years now...

This is not the Mariner model, I guess, but it is the one I
have. It looks like it anyway:

http://www.kastawayswimwear.com/prod...19&pf%5Fid=219

martin

Those are nothing like mine.

The Mariner is a very basic goggle with separate nose bridge, simple
strap clips, etc. They seem to have different models available in
different countries - in NZ we don't have the Hydrospex model (though
have similar models called things like Futuro and Pacific) but we have
the Mariner and other similar basic models.

Or maybe they don't put the cheaper models on the website (I couldn't
find them on Speedo USA website and the Aussie website is "being
rebuilt" at the moment).

The Mariner just works really well for me - they don't leak, are
comfortable, stay on when I dive, are simple to fix if anything breaks
(nose clip, strap, clips, etc) and are one of the cheaper models on
the market. I regularly check that they are still available as
manufacturers do have a bad habit of "improving" or "replacing" models
from time to time.

I wore my new ones with the orange rings for the first time yesterday,
the orange glow was a little disconcerting at first but after a while
I didn't notice it and they are soooooooo cool. My 10 year old
daughter is begging me for a pair.

I will keep looking to see if I can find a reference to the Mariner
model, your best bet is an Australian or NZ website I would think.

Liz D
Old December 30th 03, 08:36 PM
Al

In article ,
says...
"M.W. Smith" wrote in message ...
Al wrote:
[...]

Thanks Liz, Happy New Year!
Al
Old December 30th 03, 08:40 PM
Liz D

Al wrote in message news:[email protected]
In article , says...
Liz D wrote:

Also found a great Christmas present for myself - my favourite Speedo

googles, the Mariner model, in a cool new design - white silicone
straps & eye gaskets with orange rings around the lenses & orange
clips on the straps. I'll look quite the part for my next masters
meet ... until I hit the water.

I got the same thing in blue trim. Best googles of all time.

Have a great Christmas and New Year, and summer break for those Down
Under.

I've been looking for a job down there. Almost had one last month.

martin

I wasn't able to locate the Mariner model on the speedo website - can
you point me in the right direction? Decent goggles have been my Holy
Grail for many years now...

Thanks,
Al

After posting my last message, I managed to find them at:
http://www.sports-spot.com.au/gogglestrain.html

The "Mariner Lights" are the new ones with the cool coloured frames.

The standard "Mariner" is exactly the same shape in more sedate
colours - black/dark grey, etc. They come in clear, smoke or blue
lenses - I mostly buy clear as I do a lot of my swimming in an outdoor
pool and in the winter its dark (though floodlit) and I need all the
light I can get.

You could probably order them online from the website - try a search
on google.com.au for other sites.

Happy swimming New Year

Liz D
Old December 30th 03, 08:41 PM
Al

In article ,
says...
Those are nothing like mine.

Might these be the ones?

http://www.sports-spot.com.au/gogglestrain.html

- Al
Old December 31st 03, 12:01 AM
Liz D

Al wrote in message news:[email protected]
In article ,
says...
Those are nothing like mine.

Might these be the ones?

http://www.sports-spot.com.au/gogglestrain.html

- Al

Snap! (see my other post) - yes those are the ones.

That's the trouble with posting via Google, the posts take so long to
show up (she says, posting via Google and possibly crossing posts
again).

Liz D

Merry Christmas to all at rec.running Ozzie Gontang Running 21 December 31st 03 05:55 PM
OT Merry Christmas everybody!! Mick Russell Weights 1 December 25th 03 10:13 AM
Christmas Morning Run TopCounsel Running 2 December 25th 03 08:06 AM
Saddam's Christmas Oldman Weights 7 December 24th 03 05:09 AM
Stay in shape this Christmas John HUDSON Weights 2 December 5th 03 12:46 PM