full-length orthotics slipping - how do they fix?

Old November 10th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.running
Todd H.

Default full-length orthotics slipping - how do they fix?

Greetings,

I have 2 sets of custom orthotics. My hard, half length ones fit well
and stay in place just fine, but did not ultimately keep me running
against plantar fasciitis and periodic achilles pain.

Another podiatrist recommended soft full length orthoics which I
acquired at my own expense. Unfortunately, they are a wee bit too
short to reach the front of my running shoe. The podiatrist never
asked to see the running shoe - which seems a wee bit odd, but I don't
know if that's the usual way they do things)?

Anyway, with this quarter inch or so of room in front, as I run the
orthotic moves forward in the shoe, and that leads to a great deal of
discomfort at the heel of the orthotic moves away from the rear of the
shoe. I've tried making the underside of the orthotic more tacky
with rubber cement which didn't help much. I've tried putting
something in the front of the shoe to stop the orthotic's progress,
but can't seem to find the right material.

What options might a running shoe store or a trip back to the
podiatrist offer to solve this problem? I'm looking for where my
effort is best spent or if there are any DIY options that full foot
orthotic wearers have had success with!

TIA for any insight or advice.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

full cleans ff123 Weights 22 June 24th 04 11:44 PM
Full Body Routine Questions [email protected] Weights 2 March 23rd 04 06:33 AM
Two day split with one full body? Bill Weights 2 January 23rd 04 02:11 PM
Independent Muscles or Full Body Workout? FileVampire Weights 4 January 14th 04 06:02 PM
Pullups "Full Hang" Video Steve Freides Weights 0 December 24th 03 07:42 PM