Am I still a triathlete?

Old September 16th 04, 02:54 PM
Mike Tennent

Default Am I still a triathlete?

It just occurred to me that the ONLY triathlon I'm going to do this
year is the Great Floridian (IM distance.)

In the past I've managed to get a few more races in, but my travel
schedule kept me from even doing that.

My training level is still relatively high, but I just haven't raced.

Am I still a triathlete? g

Mike Tennent
"IronPenguin"

Old September 16th 04, 03:05 PM
Eric

Am I still a triathlete? g
If you're aiming at an IM you're definitely a tri-freak in my book.
This summer I've done six international distance and one 1/2 IM, but do
not feel I'im up to your level of competing in an IM.
SOOOO, although I may have exceeded you in events, you're doing what I'd
consider much more.

Hmmmmmm... maybe I'll do IT next summer?

Eric
(old, damaged, and slow... but still goin' at it.)

Old September 16th 04, 03:08 PM
Kent

Am I still a triathlete? g

No, you are a small bowl of fruit left out in the sun going slightly brown.

Old September 16th 04, 03:19 PM
rtk

Kent wrote:
Am I still a triathlete? g

No, you are a small bowl of fruit left out in the sun going slightly brown.

cute!
That's just how I feel.

(MikeT:I got tendinitis at a puny little tri 3 months ago, but I'm not
ready to call myself permanently in the bowl, even if ever so slightly
brown.)

Ruth Kazez
Old September 16th 04, 04:36 PM
John Hardt

On 9/16/04 9:54 AM, in article, "Mike Tennent" wrote:

It just occurred to me that the ONLY triathlon I'm going to do this
year is the Great Floridian (IM distance.)

Snip

Am I still a triathlete? g

Can we wait until October 24 to answer that question? ;-)

Old September 18th 04, 09:12 AM
Ken

No Mike you are not. But when you cross the line at the Great Floridian you
will still be an IM. I learned that last March after finishing 2nd in ag
at IMNZ, my one and only event this year.

Ken

Old September 18th 04, 01:48 PM
rtk

Ken wrote:
No Mike you are not. But when you cross the line at the Great Floridian you
will still be an IM. I learned that last March after finishing 2nd in ag
at IMNZ, my one and only event this year.

Ken

"Mike Tennent" wrote in message

It just occurred to me that the ONLY triathlon I'm going to do this
year is the Great Floridian (IM distance.)

In the past I've managed to get a few more races in, but my travel
schedule kept me from even doing that.

My training level is still relatively high, but I just haven't raced.

Am I still a triathlete? g

When can a criminal or an author or an athlete state truly I Am A
Whatever? Intent is always necessary of course, but having once been
incarcerated, having been published, the finish line crossed, is the
perpetrator no longer a Whatever even though the intent continues? I
used to be a criminal, I served my time, and I intend to commit another
crime. What am I? I wrote a book and you read it; I'm planning the
next. Am I not an author? I've crossed dozens of finish lines, I'm
limping now but I intend to cross another biggie. If that's not called
a Triathlete, I'll throw away all my medals and never again eat Gu.

Ruth Kazez

(Please, the *I* is non-specific.)

Old September 19th 04, 09:03 PM
onemarathon

In article ,
Mike Tennent wrote:

It just occurred to me that the ONLY triathlon I'm going to do this
year is the Great Floridian (IM distance.)

In the past I've managed to get a few more races in, but my travel
schedule kept me from even doing that.

My training level is still relatively high, but I just haven't raced.

Am I still a triathlete? g

Mike Tennent
"IronPenguin"

Heh... Mike, i do believe it was YOU hold told ME i was a triathlete if
i've done ANY races. i only managed one tri this year... yeah, a major
bummer but circumstances made it work out that way.

so yeah, you are still a triathlete.

and like you, my training level is still fairly high (for me and my
goals), even though i haven't raced in a quite a while. but i made it my
goal to always be READY for a race. like a last minute decision or
whatever.

keep the faith... and fer cryin' out loud, when you are doing bloody IM
races, of course you are a triathlete, no matter what!!!

Cam