Does eating red meat increase our height/muscle mass?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 23rd 07, 08:49 PM posted to misc.fitness.aerobic, rec.running, alt.support.diet,alt.support.fat-acceptance, uk.rec.bodybuilding
Prisoner at War

Default Does eating red meat increase our height/muscle mass?

On Dec 23, 6:35 am, dorsy1943 wrote:

In his book, Nathan Pritikin answers that question and says it is not
the protein, but the fat which makes people taller and heavier. But
he says it is a trade off and you endanger your health with more fat.
I do not know if he is right. Just commenting on what I read.

Dolores

I can certainly agree with "heavier," and I'm sure fat has some role
in height as well.

Speaking of books, have you read Gary Taubes latest controversial
bestseller? He claims fat and calories aren't to blame for obesity
and disease -- neither a sedentary lifestyle! -- but carbs, carbs,
carbs.

Damn, this **** keeps swinging back and forth....