measuring bodyfat. Am I doing this right?

Old July 24th 03, 08:03 AM
bleh

Default measuring bodyfat. Am I doing this right?

I am an ectomorph who has gone from 120 pounds at 5'11'' to 190. I am
looking a bit fat at this point and feel that I should cut up a bit. I
bought some skin-fold calipers (the cheap Accu-Measure ones) but I am
not sure I am using them correctly. The instructions say to grab the
skin at an area one inch above the right hip bone. Other instructions
I have read say to grab one inch to the right of the belly button.
These differing instructions do not lead me to the same area and
neither leads me to the fattiest part of my stomach (which would be
right over my lower abs). When I go by the "one inch above the right
hip bone" rule, I calculate my bodyfat to be around 22%! I have a hard
time believing this since I can still see trace amounts of ab
definition when I flex. Can anyone provide any insight into this?
Old July 24th 03, 04:07 PM
Wayne S. Hill

bleh wrote:

I am an ectomorph who has gone from 120 pounds at 5'11'' to
190.

And you still call yourself an ectomorph why?

--
-Wayne

Old July 24th 03, 04:12 PM
Lee Michaels

"Wayne S. Hill" wrote in message
bleh wrote:

I am an ectomorph who has gone from 120 pounds at 5'11'' to
190.

And you still call yourself an ectomorph why?

Cuz he is so sskinny??

Reducing Bodyfat RM Aerobic 195 February 22nd 06 05:52 AM
Reducing Bodyfat RM Walking 177 February 22nd 06 05:52 AM
losing bodyfat & improving health SPeacock Aerobic 0 August 12th 03 07:07 AM
Measuring body fat.... Carl Collins Weights 6 July 11th 03 02:37 PM