How many people use rec running to find races ( locations / dates /etc )

Old December 7th 12, 05:14 PM posted to rec.running
John Hurley

Default How many people use rec running to find races ( locations / dates /etc )

Confused here ...

I am not aware of any people really using rec running to locate races.

There are quite a few different sites ( athlinks etc ) ( in Ohio
ohiorunner.com ) ( each area seems to have their own ) ... that can be
quite useful to find events and races.

Does anyone really use rec running to locate events and races?
Old December 7th 12, 11:16 PM posted to rec.running
Doug Freese

"John Hurley" wrote in message

Confused here ...

Confused at what?

I am not aware of any people really using rec running to locate races.

There are quite a few different sites ( athlinks etc ) ( in Ohio
ohiorunner.com ) ( each area seems to have their own ) ... that can be
quite useful to find events and races.

Does anyone really use rec running to locate events and races?

Why not advertise a race on r.r ? We are a running forum and there are
races to be run. Why not advertise a race to as many sites as possible? Any
RD or their advertisement arm try to get their race out to as many sites as
possible. The people posting the race probably have no idea how many or how
few from what piece of the geography read r.r. After all, there is no
master list of any USENET group. At worst the posting generates no hits but
the few seconds it takes to post the race may generate some activity. Isn't
this a win win?

So no, people do not come to r.r to look for races but I understand there
are runners reading the group.

I would add coolrunning as a good place to look for races. I have found
many out-of-town races when traveling.

-Doug