Pay for your rescue.

Old June 5th 06, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default X-No-Archive: yesPay for your rescue.

"Mike Clark" wrote

Who is demanding professional SAR?

This is what i can't understand either. In this country I take my chances on
the hills. If something went wrong perhaps the good people who share my
ideology might help me out and drag me back down to a road. Angus calls us
mean because he thinks we EXPECT to get rescued ny a helicopter! Doh....

Graham

Old June 5th 06, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

In message
"Graham Seed" wrote:

"Mike Clark" wrote

Who is demanding professional SAR?

This is what i can't understand either. In this country I take my
chances on the hills. If something went wrong perhaps the good people
who share my ideology might help me out and drag me back down to a
road. Angus calls us mean because he thinks we EXPECT to get rescued
ny a helicopter! Doh....

Graham

I suspect that a majority of posters to this newsgroup, and also those
who regularly do serious mountain and hill-walking, are well aware that
they take some risks upon themselves, responsibility for their own
actions, and should have no expectation of an immediate rescue by
helicopter or any other means.

However I also suspect that in these days of mobile phones and gps,
there are those that do take the easy way out of a difficult situation,
and telephone for help, at a stage where many of us would simply get on
and sort things out for ourselves.

But then such people may be just as likely to ring 999 when they get
lost in their cars on the ordinary highway.

I'm so used to not having a mobile phone for most of my outdoor life
that even though I now have one, I often forget to take it with me or to
charge it up!

Cheers,
Mike
--
o/ \\ // |\ ,_ o Mike Clark
\__,\\ // __o | \ / /\, "A mountain climbing, cycling, skiing,
Old June 5th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Mike Clark wrote:
In message

Snipped

However I also suspect that in these days of mobile phones and gps,
there are those that do take the easy way out of a difficult situation,
and telephone for help, at a stage where many of us would simply get on
and sort things out for ourselves.

snip.

And this is what p*sses the voluntary rescue people off nowadays! Too
many prats calling in on mobiles in non-emergency situations :-(

Granville

Old June 5th 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

The message
from "Graham Seed" contains these words:

Who is demanding professional SAR?

This is what i can't understand either. In this country I take my
chances on
the hills. If something went wrong perhaps the good people who share my
ideology might help me out and drag me back down to a road. Angus calls us
mean because he thinks we EXPECT to get rescued ny a helicopter! Doh....

The Yorkshire element of The Politics Show on Sunday had a report on the
proposed privatisation of the helicopter rescue service with only a
solitary Labour MP in favour. As well as the predictable opposition from
the volunteer sector who shoulder the major burden in search and rescue
we even had the spectacle of a Tory MP casting doubt on PFI as being a
cost effective way of replacing the services ancient rescue helicopters.

The sole proponent for the scheme claimed that it was all about getting
the same or better service at a better price but no doubt he labours
under the same delusion as ******* Brown, that borrowing money at one
stage removed and paying through the nose for it is worth the apparent
reduction in the PSBR. He did however say that there were no plans to
charge for the service and while a politicians verbal assurances aren't
worth the paper they are written on it does seem that it is bloody angus
that is scare mongering in order to promote his delusions.

--
Roger Chapman
Old June 5th 06, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Perhaps you might like to find out from those whos opinions matter
here - the rescuers..

Then give your other end a chance to speak.

I'm mean! I walk to the shops

Richard Webb
Old June 6th 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default Pay for your rescue.

Angus will just love the new issue of The Angry Corrie - its worse
than a tabloid you know-

The cover will tickle one or both of his brain cells.

Richard Webb
Old June 6th 06, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

In message , Richard Webb
writes
Angus will just love the new issue of The Angry Corrie - its worse
than a tabloid you know-

The cover will tickle one or both of his brain cells.

I demand a recount.

--
Martin Richardson
539/1554 Marilyns - 65% to go 60/89 Donalds - 33% to go

How to rescue ? newsreader Swimming 13 April 4th 06 05:15 PM
Mountain rescue... Richard Layton Walking in the UK 18 June 28th 05 01:16 PM
I hope they're doing something to rescue this model GI! Lee Michaels Weights 4 February 2nd 05 11:38 PM
Technology to the rescue TopCounsel Running 0 March 27th 04 08:59 PM
FREE GAME FREDDY RESCUE ROUNDUP + 40 MORE GAMES 2002-10-29 IBMFREDDYS Aerobic 0 October 29th 03 03:43 PM