Looking forward to 2004

Old December 22nd 03, 10:33 AM
Reid

Default Looking forward to 2004

Following up to Dave Brown

May I wish all members of this group all the very best for Christmas & the
coming year.

and you sir!

Having taken "early retirement" and hopefully reaching the big 60 in February I
have been wondering what to fill some of my time with.

usenet.........
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old December 22nd 03, 12:36 PM
Dominic Sexton

In article , Bernard Hill
writes
In article , Stuart
writes

Dave Brown wrote in message
May I wish all members of this group all the very best for Christmas & the
coming year.
Having taken "early retirement" and hopefully reaching the big 60 in

February I
have been wondering what to fill some of my time with.
Having spent the best part of the last 40 years wandering about on the

Lakeland
Fells I am hoping to complete the Wainwrights once again in 2004,

providing of
course the knees will allow.
Whatever your ambitions regarding walking or your preferences in where you
walk.......stay safe.
Regards,

Dave
All Wainwrights completed
74 Walks......763 miles......approx 200,000' of ascent to complete.
At Heysham looking across Morecambe Bay to the Cumbrian Fells

The beginning of my year starts tommorow. at 07:08 on the 22nd December 2003
.....***WINTER*** officialy begins

How do you make that out? It was **midwinter's day** yesterday (21st) so
winter began about 6.5 weeks ago.

Oh no it didn't!

We have done this one befo

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl...F-8&frame=righ
t&th=9dd38a8231474433&seekm=apmno7%246hj%241%40new sg2.svr.pol.co.uk#link1

Must be panto season ;-)

--

Dominic Sexton
http://www.dscs.demon.co.uk/
Old December 22nd 03, 01:00 PM
druidh

The beginning of my year starts tommorow. at 07:08 on the 22nd December 2003
.....***WINTER*** officialy begins

Err hang on. Surely 22nd December is the Winter Solstice and therefore MID winter?
Old December 22nd 03, 01:44 PM
Phil Cook

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:44:59 -0000, Joe Bloggs wrote:

"Paul Saunders" wrote in message
Stuart wrote:

The beginning of my year starts tommorow. at 07:08 on the 22nd
December 2003 .....***WINTER*** officialy begins

Must be true, I woke up to a good dusting this morning!!

Your missus getting the cleaning done before yoyu wre awake eh?
Old December 22nd 03, 03:32 PM
Dave Brown

The beginning of my year starts tommorow. at 07:08 on the 22nd December 2003
.....***WINTER*** officialy begins

Err hang on. Surely 22nd December is the Winter Solstice and therefore MID
winter?

Wonder how many braved the weather at Stonehenge today?
Old December 22nd 03, 09:23 PM
Phil Cook

On 21 Dec 2003 17:29:36 GMT, Dave Brown wrote:

May I wish all members of this group all the very best for Christmas & the
coming year.

I'll jump in here and send my greeting to all.

http://www.p-t-cook.freeserve.co.uk/christmas2003a.jpg
Old December 22nd 03, 10:32 PM
Paul Rooney

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:23:55 +0000, Phil Cook
wrote:

On 21 Dec 2003 17:29:36 GMT, Dave Brown wrote:

May I wish all members of this group all the very best for Christmas & the
coming year.

I'll jump in here and send my greeting to all.

http://www.p-t-cook.freeserve.co.uk/christmas2003a.jpg

Very nice!

--
Paul

My Lake District walking site (updated 29th September 2003):
http://paulrooney.netfirms.com
Old December 23rd 03, 09:37 AM
Bernard Hill

In article , Dominic Sexton {d-
writes
In article , Bernard Hill
writes
In article , Stuart
writes

Dave Brown wrote in message
[...]

I made my stance in that thread and it's not changed. The seasons are
defined by astronomy and midwinter's day is what it says.

If Dec 21 were the start of winter then it would continue until March 21
- which is ridiculous. Early Dec is far colder than March! The sun is
almost non-existent here in December!

Must be panto season ;-)

Oh no it's not...

Bernard Hill
Selkirk, Scotland

Old December 23rd 03, 09:44 AM
Reid

Following up to Paul Rooney

http://www.p-t-cook.freeserve.co.uk/christmas2003a.jpg

thank you!
Old December 23rd 03, 10:17 AM
Paul Rooney

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:37:19 +0000, Bernard Hill
wrote:

I made my stance in that thread and it's not changed. The seasons are
defined by astronomy and midwinter's day is what it says.

That would put August in autumn, I reckon.