Colin Prior - Landscape Photographer extraordinaire - TGO Jan 2005 edition

Old December 17th 04, 11:54 AM
steŽ

"The Reids" wrote in message
| Following up to steŽ

snip

| Why did she stop then? Tell me that please and I will reconsider my
views.
| I don't take msyself so seriously that I can't backtrack.
|
| I don't know, that's my point!
| --
| Mike Reid

Nobody knows then except her. I could be right, I could be wrong. Likewise
to others. Let's move on...

Ste

Old December 17th 04, 12:06 PM
The Reids

Following up to steŽ

| I don't know, that's my point!
| --
| Mike Reid

Nobody knows then except her. I could be right, I could be wrong. Likewise
to others. Let's move on...

yep, lets get back to photography, the object of this ng.
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email [email protected] this site
Old December 18th 04, 11:41 AM
W. D. Grey

In article , Paul Saunders
writes
Different people have different skills. Creative people are often not
good at business. It's just one of those things. Something that comes
easy to one person is often difficult for another, and difficult for the
first person to understand. I don't understand what's so difficult
about photographing a spectacular sunrise using manual settings on the
camera, yet others find it difficult to understand why I have trouble
selling it. Go figure...

The market is saturated, and you really must try harder. look for new
avenues for selling pictures.

When you say creative people are often not good at business, I can think
of three local photographers who are very successful. They go out to the
people and sell -sell - sell. It frequently is not a question of
business acumen alone, it is sheer hard work ad persistence, and of
course the ability to accept the occasional rejection. The successful
ones don't wait for the punters to come to them.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old December 18th 04, 12:03 PM
Rooney

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:41:28 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

[...]

And, I'll add, have your calendars ready by November at the very
latest!!!

Old December 18th 04, 04:01 PM
Rooney

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:50:13 -0000, Fran wrote:

said...
The successful
ones don't wait for the punters to come to them.

And, I'll add, have your calendars ready by November at the very
latest!!!

Earlier than that! Shops will have calendars for 2006 by
early September, so they need to be ready before that. In
fact, Paul needs to start compiling his 2006 calendar now,
ready to market it in the spring.

I'm sure you're right - I was erring on the generous side!

Old December 18th 04, 05:52 PM
Rooney

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:55:06 -0000, Fran wrote:

said...
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:50:13 -0000, Fran wrote:

said...
The successful
ones don't wait for the punters to come to them.

And, I'll add, have your calendars ready by November at the very
latest!!!

Earlier than that! Shops will have calendars for 2006 by
early September, so they need to be ready before that. In
fact, Paul needs to start compiling his 2006 calendar now,
ready to market it in the spring.

I'm sure you're right - I was erring on the generous side!

I am. Trust me. The children go back to school in September
after the summer holiday - and the supermarkets start putting
out their Christmas decorations and wrapping paper :-(

Paul certainly needs a business manager - why don't you do it for a
50% cut? Bill could be marketing manager for another 50%. I'm sure
Paul would agree to those terms!