3 climbers die

Old March 20th 06, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default 3 climbers die

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
news
In article , The Reid
writes
Following up to W. D. Grey

but what does the rest of the world think?

The Americans would - wouldn't they? Of course they're wrong :-)
--
Bill Grey

they cant even spell your name proper! :-)

True :-)

My wife had to explain to someone that she was Grey with and "e" so that
person then spelled it Greye .......:-+
--
Hey.....I'm Gray. [1]

Graham

[1] not that anyone calls me this.

Old March 25th 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:21:20 +0000, Boo
wrote:

There are still some unnamed summits in Wales. Usually boring lumps that
no-one has bothered to name because they are so insignificant. Who gets to
name them? Can I? I'm a local!

Only if you speak Welsh.

Try and find a few in the Radnor area where Herefordshire English has
been long established...

Richard Webb

Old March 25th 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

The vowels are the only problem. The consonants are all consistent, but the
vowels usually have two different ways of being pronounced, and Y can be
quite confusing. For example, mynydd is pronounced MUN-ITH (TH as in THE),
in a two syllable word the second Y is pronounced differently.

Mynydd follows the old open except for the last syllable rule. A
doddle... Now how about the names here...

Richard Webb
Old March 29th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Following up to W. D. Grey

Baa-Baa Rainbow Sheep indeed ??

funnily enough I just read an article about that, quite
interesting. It said it was first reported in 86 and was done by
the "loony left" at Hackney, then in October that year where it
was in Haringay, the in 87 where it had moved to Islington, in
2000 it was in Birmingham and by 2005 in Aberdeen. "Parents and
children together" who run the playgroups in the most recent
outbreak said it was merely an attempt to encourage children to
think of their own adjectives, happy, sad, bouncing, pink or
whatever and nothing to do with race awareness, of course nobody
was interested in reporting that, it doesnt make "angry of
Bogner's" blood boil or sell newspapers!
--
Mike Reid
"Tis true, there's magic in the web" Othello Act III

Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email [email protected] this site
Old March 30th 06, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

In article , The Reid
writes
Following up to W. D. Grey

Baa-Baa Rainbow Sheep indeed ??

funnily enough I just read an article about that, quite
interesting. It said it was first reported in 86 and was done by
the "loony left" at Hackney, then in October that year where it
was in Haringay, the in 87 where it had moved to Islington, in
2000 it was in Birmingham and by 2005 in Aberdeen. "Parents and
children together" who run the playgroups in the most recent
outbreak said it was merely an attempt to encourage children to
think of their own adjectives, happy, sad, bouncing, pink or
whatever and nothing to do with race awareness, of course nobody
was interested in reporting that, it doesnt make "angry of
Bogner's" blood boil or sell newspapers!

Well that's a different slant on things. I don't think I'm alone in
believing the Rainbow Sheep was meant to replace Black sheep though.

Ta for you comments.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old March 30th 06, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Following up to W. D. Grey

Well that's a different slant on things. I don't think I'm alone in
believing the Rainbow Sheep was meant to replace Black sheep though.

maybe, or maybe the press made it up? They're scamps, them
journalists, you know.

Ta for you comments.

at your service, sir.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email [email protected] this site

re; How i spent Doug Freese Running 165 January 22nd 06 06:57 AM
Vixen Tor access and assaults Tom Walking in the UK 49 September 26th 05 07:42 PM
Climbers traverse - Great Gable Pennineway Walking in the UK 7 August 2nd 05 09:09 AM