Scottish mountains - how on earth can anyone pronounce them?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 14th 04, 10:33 PM
Peewiglet

Default Scottish mountains - how on earth can anyone pronounce them?

I've been poring over the map of Scotland, but no sooner to I begin to
develop an idea of where I might like to walk than I forget where it
was, because I can't begin to pronounce about 95% of the place names.

Is it all a malignant plot to keep nesh Southerners out?

How on earth does anyone ever tell anyone else where they've been? Or
do those in the know just make a few gutteral grunting noises and make
it up as they go along?

Enquiring minds want to know...

(And can anyone please tell me how to pronounce Lairig Ghru??)

Thank you.

Best wishes,
--
,,