Have No Fear, Spring is (almost) Here!

Old March 3rd 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.running
Doug Freese

Default Have No Fear, Spring is (almost) Here!

wrote in message
On Feb 28, 10:47 pm, jake wrote:

As you get older it gets even more important to make a strong effort

not to lose conditioning during the winter ... the odds of starting
again "next spring" start getting tougher and tougher.?

Since my winters never get lower than 0F and usually hover at 10-20F
it's perfect time of the year to build a base for spring races. One more
long run this coming Saturday and then off to a 50k march 21st.

-D

Old March 3rd 09, 02:35 AM posted to rec.running
Doug Freese

wrote in message
On Mar 2, 8:16 pm, "Doug Freese" wrote:

snip

Since my winters never get lower than 0F and usually hover at 10-20F
it's perfect time of the year to build a base for spring races. One
more
long run this coming Saturday and then off to a 50k march 21st.

-D

So what kind of average ( miles per week ) did you manage over 2008?

I don't reall know as I have not used a log for 15 or more years and
would take a wild ass guess and say 50. My absolute highest is 60ish.
Its quality miles - not big numbers. Works for me.

I do tend to slack off a little during winter and some years drop into

the 40's. Last couple of years have been more like 60 odd a week all
winter mostly as I have been racing more last couple of summers.

I back down a few times of year like Nov and May for about 3-4 weeks.

-D