Oakley

Old March 3rd 09, 01:30 AM posted to rec.running
dizzy

Default Oakley

Michelle wrote:

dizzy wrote:

Why not wear shades when it's
sunny? Is squinting enjoyable?

The light has never bothered me; I don't squint because of it.

Not that you know of. Rather difficult for me to believe...

I sometimes wear a hat (in summer), but I think overall they make me
hotter, due to the reduced air-flow. Sun-screen is a regular, of
course.

My running caps are permeable; they allow air flow.

But still reduced.

And by reflecting
sunlight, they keep my head cooler than if it beamed directly on my
hair.

The main benefit, naturally.

The caps also wick off and evaporate perspiration, adding to the
cooling effect.

But if perspiration wicks-away, and then evaporates from the brim of
your hat, it's the brim of the hat that's being cooled, not your head.

Old March 3rd 09, 01:33 AM posted to rec.running
dizzy

Don Kirkman wrote:

I almost always wear polarized sunglasses when I'm outside, whether
it's driving, running, playing golf, fishing, or simply being there.

Me too. It's just better, IMO. Polarized all the way.

Old March 3rd 09, 02:13 AM posted to rec.running
Michelle

In article ,
dizzy wrote:

The light has never bothered me; I don't squint because of it.

Not that you know of. Rather difficult for me to believe...

Well, I think I would know whether I was squinting.

I sometimes wear a hat (in summer), but I think overall they make
me hotter, due to the reduced air-flow. Sun-screen is a regular,
of course.

My running caps are permeable; they allow air flow.

But still reduced.

But not enough to make me hotter.

And by reflecting sunlight, they keep my head cooler than if it
beamed directly on my hair.

The main benefit, naturally.

The caps also wick off and evaporate perspiration, adding to the
cooling effect.

But if perspiration wicks-away, and then evaporates from the brim of
your hat, it's the brim of the hat that's being cooled, not your
head.

Not the brim; the part of the hat that covers my head. It's simple
physics. It keeps my head from getting hot.

--
26.2 Because I can
Old March 3rd 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.running
dizzy

Michelle wrote:

Well, I think I would know whether I was squinting.

If you had a mirror. Our bodies do many things subconsciously.

Oakley Doug Freese Running 1 March 1st 09 02:20 AM
Oakley sunglasses dizzy Running 1 February 20th 09 04:40 AM
Oakley Thump rsquared Triathalon 1 November 22nd 05 09:37 PM
Oakley Glasses - Opinion [email protected] Running 2 August 27th 05 01:59 PM
FS: 4 OAKLEY Heater lenses mrbubl Triathalon 0 May 22nd 04 04:04 PM