HRM, Stopwatch, Distance, Feel

Old March 1st 09, 01:54 PM posted to rec.running
Doug Freese

Default HRM, Stopwatch, Distance, Feel

"Pete" wrote in message
On Feb 26, 10:28 pm, wrote:
On Feb 25, 8:55 pm, Pete wrote:

snip

Thanks. Your advice is much appreciated.

It's not often that John and I agree but all good words.

When you talk and 5k then 10k and then jump to 20k, I sense your looking
for distance in general. My crystal ball tells me you really are aiming
at the marathon. Am I close?

I'm sure you looking for the gratification of racing but make sure you
have a sufficient base to include some hill work for strength. Without a
good foundation you can go just so far and if you have too little, you
may have to call the vet.

Take a gander at http://www.halhigdon.com/ and see if there a schedule
that fits your current condition. Every schedule, from the beginner to
the advanced has its mixture of hard/easy workouts.

-D

HRM, Stopwatch, Distance, Feel Elflord Running 1 March 7th 09 08:45 PM
HRM, Stopwatch, Distance, Feel [email protected] Running 2 March 1st 09 08:10 PM
HRM/stopwatch recommendations Dave Running 7 December 30th 05 08:39 AM
stopwatch autumn Running 3 July 21st 03 08:30 PM
stopwatch autumn Swimming 2 July 21st 03 08:30 PM