Flat Feet

Old May 14th 05, 12:17 AM
David Bradshaw

Default Flat Feet

I`ve been having a few knee problems of late, and the physio is blaming my
flat feet, she talked about putting wedges in my shoes, but is there a
specific running shoe out on the market for people with flat feet, cheers

Old May 14th 05, 01:00 AM
Turdly Smellbottom

All woman are psychos, but if you know that, then why listen to her?
Next she'll be putting those wedges in more personal places. It's a lot
like spousal abuse, it only gets worse.

Old May 14th 05, 01:40 AM

But Asics are good for flatfoots.

Old May 14th 05, 04:56 AM
runningto

If you're under 160 lbs try the Brooks Addiction and if you have a larger
frame try Brooks Beast.
I would recommend you go to a running store that lets you try out the shoes
for a few days and can be returned if not satisfied.

Old May 14th 05, 12:43 PM

Good store policy, bad recommendation. Brooks are an extrememly poor
shoe for people with flat feet. This poster obviously knows nothing
about Asics, or he'd know it is one of, if not the top brand for people
who need MC shoes. Brooks is a joke next to them.

Old May 14th 05, 01:59 PM
runningto

I do own a pair of ASICS Foundation and I find that my Brooks Beast has
better ankle and medial support.

oups.com...

Old May 14th 05, 03:40 PM
Miss Anne Thrope

Yes, there is a specific shoe for folks with your condition, but
unfortunately they only use them on horses and donkeys.

Old May 14th 05, 04:35 PM
Michael

"David Bradshaw" wrote in message ...
I`ve been having a few knee problems of late, and the physio is blaming my flat feet, she talked about putting wedges in my shoes,
but is there a specific running shoe out on the market for people with flat feet, cheers

Yeah, don't listen to the crazies.

You will likely overpronate with flat feet (feet rotate inwards),
and that can cause problems associated with overuse.

Most running shoes have good arches, but what you really
want is a motion control shoe. Saucony makes a good one
with its Grid Stabil, but there are others. Look at Runner's
World for reviews of motion control shoes. And good
luck.

m.

Old May 15th 05, 03:00 AM

The REAL MC shoe in the Asics line are the 2090's, so you are still
uninformed. Brooks is a very soft, spongy, sloppy shoe with little
support where it counts, in the arch. They also have a short life span.
Ask any shoe store, and they'll tell you that Asics get the most, and
best feedback on MC than any other brand. Having worn both, I must
agree.

Old May 15th 05, 05:32 AM
runningto

Thanks for the info, however ASICS website doesn't contain the 2090 series
anymore. I'm guessing they discontinued it and replaced it with the 2100s
which is supposed to be a stability shoe (according to them). The only MC
shoes they are offering is the Evolution and the Foundation. So do you think
Foundation doesn't cut it as a real MC shoes? Excuse my ignorance, I'm a
newbie to running (just started this year) and I'm still in that
experimental stage.

ups.com...

squats and flat feet G Weights 9 August 6th 04 06:37 PM
motion control sneakers for flat feet Mike Lin Running 0 June 9th 04 03:53 AM
Bench Press: What do you do with your feet? Andrew Fabbro Weights 40 May 24th 04 10:00 PM
Flat Feet -Shoe recomendation Matt Peeler Running 6 January 14th 04 02:23 PM
sore feet .... Robert Lombardi Walking 8 November 21st 03 01:40 AM