Not so unusual WR for Lenton

Old March 27th 08, 09:53 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
DavidW

Default Not so unusual WR for Lenton

Don't worry. This thread won't drag on like the last (unfinished) Lenton WR
thread.

Libby Trickett (formerly Lenton) murders Britta Steffen's 100m freestyle WR
53.30s with 52.88s in the Aus. Olympic trials final.

No drafting here. They can't take this one off her.

Old March 27th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Dave -Turner

Libby's smile is as infectious as it is priceless

Old March 27th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Steve Curtis

"DavidW" wrote:

Don't worry. This thread won't drag on
like the last (unfinished) Lenton WR
thread.

That thread was well finished after your baseless assertion that
drafting was "not well understood."

Old March 27th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
DavidW

Steve Curtis wrote:
"DavidW" wrote:

Don't worry. This thread won't drag on
like the last (unfinished) Lenton WR
thread.

That thread was well finished after your baseless assertion that
drafting was "not well understood."

That was not what I said, and only a quick perusal of the the thread is needed
to see that it was nowhere near "well finished" after my initial post on
drafting. This is an example of the dumbness I've had to deal with in that
thread.

Old March 28th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Steve Curtis

"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

Don't worry. This thread won't drag on
like the last (unfinished) Lenton WR
thread.

That thread was well finished after your
baseless assertion that drafting was
"not well understood."

That was not what I said, and only a
quick perusal of the the thread is needed
to see that it was nowhere near "well
finished" after my initial post on drafting.

That's exactly what you said, to quote: "It's probably not well
understood how much assistance Lenton....." replete with the ambiguity
that goes along with that statement. The "assistance" that you referred
to was pointed out to be drafting, which has been researched, studied,
and is reasonably well understood by coaches, most competitive swimmers,
triathletes, and others, albeit not with complete certainty.

This is an example of the dumbness I've
had to deal with in that thread.

Not nearly as dumb as this from another thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.s...d?dmode=source

Learn to read, and more importantly, comprehend.

Old March 28th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
DavidW

Steve Curtis wrote:
"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

[...]

Save it for the other thread. You're not ruining this one too. This record will
be in the books soon.

Old March 28th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Steve Curtis

"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

[...]

Never implied that Lenton's WR this time around isn't for the books, at
least until Beijing, at which time, a possible new entry will be
achieved by someone else.

Old March 28th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
DavidW

Steve Curtis wrote:
"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

[...]

No, but the swim deserves the focus to be on it rather than other stuff.

at least until Beijing, at which time, a possible new entry will be
achieved by someone else.

Maybe, but she sliced a lot off it, and she was already a past holder of it and
at this stage looks the most likely one to break it if anyone does.

Old March 28th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Steve Curtis

"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

Never implied that Lenton's WR this
time around isn't for the books,

No, but the swim deserves the focus to
be on it rather than other stuff.

That is, until the current record is broken, at which time, the new
record holder's swim will deserve an equal amount of "focus."

at least until Beijing, at which time, a
possible new entry will be achieved by
someone else.

Maybe, but she sliced a lot off it, and she
was already a past holder of it and at
this stage looks the most likely one to
break it if anyone does.

Or not, we'll see what happens between now and in Beijing, and for that
matter, after as well.

Very unusual WR for Lenton David W Swimming 121 January 4th 12 02:12 AM
unusual kick today Pat[_3_] Swimming 6 January 30th 08 02:17 PM
Unusual item ianbeard Walking in the UK 7 September 15th 05 11:19 PM
Unusual races? anders Running 15 May 17th 05 03:16 AM
Libby Lenton -- how she did it Donald Graft Swimming 25 July 17th 04 03:04 AM