How to make shoulder broader?

Old December 27th 03, 11:12 PM
Pete

Default How to make shoulder broader?

Hi,

My daughter is 15 years old. She has very narrow shoulder and that
hurts her self-confidence. Are there excerise or other ways to
encourage her shoulder to grow broader?

Thanks
Pete
Old December 28th 03, 08:10 PM
Isiafs5

Are there excerise or other ways to
encourage her shoulder to grow broader?

From the standpoint of increasing the deltoid size:
Gymnastics or climbing or any sport that uses delts.

The most efficient way would be to use weights. Side dumbell raises combined
with dumbell presses would be effective; however, I would suggest learning a
bit about how to safely put together a program. For muscle growth you will
need rest days and ample protein.

You might gain more knowledge by trying the weightlifting newsgroups and
www.groups.google.com for a search. Try a search for "Wider". Years ago there
was a very good thread on this topic.

Also, there are a zillion muscle magazine articles about deltoid work.

Sling Skate

My recommended reading for body fat control:
http://www.geocities.com/~slopitch/drsquat/fredzig.htm

Old January 3rd 04, 12:50 AM
Ani

Hey Pete,

These past few post are really covering the technical/mechanical
conserns.

Really good and qualified info and i think you should definately take
the action to follow what they say.

On the far side though, you will also need to address the fact of her
damaged self esteem. Make sure that she understands that it is ok to
have smaller shoulders. As a woman, the emotional part will be
critical to her especially at the age of 15. I am in no way saying
that she should disregard the physical part of it, but combine
physical and mental for best results.

Get her to do the exercise bit, as that can only help her get her
self-esteem up.